Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
I keep getting hacked!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:26 pm
For the past year and a half, my bank accounts and Amazon accounts have been getting hacked. Payments have been made and I've lost quite a bit of money from banks that have closed my accounts but not reimbursed me.
Just today, I discovered that my savings account was hacked and over $5,000 were wired out. I've called the bank and filed fraud reports, etc. I've also installed a security monitoring service, but I'm at my wit's end as to do. I can't keep dealing with this.
Is there a solution?

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:29 pm
Have you changed all your passwords? You need to use secure passwords. Also are you sure you are being hacked? Maybe someone close to you is taking the money? It's odd to be hacked this often.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:43 pm
It sounds like your information was stolen and posted on hacking sites.

1. Change all your passwords right away.

2. Sign up for a monitoring site like CreditKarma. Free and they will alert you if they find your information on hacker sites on the dark web. Right when you sign up, check the details on your credit report to see if anything looks awry. (You call also pull your report once a year without it affecting your credit on https://www.freecreditreport.com/)

3. Call all 3 national credit unions to put a "fraud alert" on your account. Call each one separately, even through their recordings will say you don't have to call each one, and that they'll forward the info (not so accurate, nor quick). The fraud alerts will stop anyone from trying to open anything in your name. You'll get a call if someone is trying to open an account and they will need your live verification.

Experian 888-397-3742

Equifax 800-525-6285

TransUnion 800-680-7289

Kumphort

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:51 pm
In addition to changing your passwords I would change your usernames as well.
Create a new email address and start linking everything there.

I would make sure that you don’t have a key logging software on your computer.

Your money from the bank should be FDIC insured.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:56 pm
Kumphort wrote:
In addition to changing your passwords I would change your usernames as well.
Create a new email address and start linking everything there.

I would make sure that you have a key logging software on your computer.

Your money from the bank should be FDIC insured.

How do I do this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It sounds like your information was stolen and posted on hacking sites.

1. Change all your passwords right away.

2. Sign up for a monitoring site like CreditKarma. Free and they will alert you if they find your information on hacker sites on the dark web. Right when you sign up, check the details on your credit report to see if anything looks awry. (You call also pull your report once a year without it affecting your credit on https://www.freecreditreport.com/)

3. Call all 3 national credit unions to put a "fraud alert" on your account. Call each one separately, even through their recordings will say you don't have to call each one, and that they'll forward the info (not so accurate, nor quick). The fraud alerts will stop anyone from trying to open anything in your name. You'll get a call if someone is trying to open an account and they will need your live verification.

Experian 888-397-3742

Equifax 800-525-6285

TransUnion 800-680-7289

Thank you!
I actually just signed up for LifeLock. Is that similar?

number

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 5:59 pm
Change the username, change the password, require double authentication for everything, do you use a password saving site? It may have been compromised.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!
I actually just signed up for LifeLock. Is that similar?

I'm not familiar but it looks similar.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 6:19 pm
I once had a debit card number stolen twice. Very close in time with each other. After first time I asked for new card. Used it once and the same thing happened. I closed that account totally and switched to a new bank and it never happened again. I did get all the money back as it was a card with $0 liability.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics