Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Baked Salmon WITH HONEY MUSTARD & PECAN-PANKO CRUST

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:42 am
This was very easy and a hit even with childish palates Very Happy Basic pantry ingredients means it doesn't require much forethought. I use skinless salmon.

Baked Salmon WITH HONEY MUSTARD & PECAN-PANKO CRUST

Excerpt From: Jennifer Segal - Once Upon a Chef

If you’d like to get a head start, the salmon can be glazed, coated with the panko-pecan mixture, and refrigerated up to 3 hours ahead of time.

Serves 4

Nonstick cooking spray
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup (15 g) panko bread crumbs
¼ cup (30 g) finely chopped pecans
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional, for color)
4 (6-ounce/170 g) salmon fillets
1 lemon, for serving (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (235°C) and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, melted butter, honey, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper.

3. In another small bowl, mix the panko, pecans, parsley (if using), and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.

4. Spoon the honey-mustard mixture evenly over the salmon fillets. (Don’t worry if it drips down the sides a little.) Sprinkle the panko-pecan mixture over the glaze, pressing it lightly so it adheres.

5. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness, depending on how well done you like your salmon. (If you find that the topping is browning too fast, loosely cover the salmon with foil.) Serve hot or at room temperature. (Note that if your salmon has skin, it may stick to the foil; to remove the fish from the pan, slide a thin spatula between the skin and the flesh, leaving the skin behind.)

Della

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:46 am
Looks delicious I’m going to try it! Thanks I always enjoy reading your recipes

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 12:08 pm
Della wrote:
Looks delicious I’m going to try it! Thanks I always enjoy reading your recipes

This is the kind of recipe that I like for the most part because it is as simple to do a topping like this and the result is way out of proportion to the effort.

My least favorite recipes are ones that require a lot of poshkeying and the result is okay but doesn't reflect the effort. I don't mind something that needs to be braised for a long time because it just does it thing. But I get nervous with stuff like pie crusts which and rolled cookies because my rolling skills are just awful.

The cookbook itself is based on the relatively easy recipes that can be easily prepared by a working person on a week night if need - she is a food blogger who seems to do a lot of "sensible" but tasty recipes. I've liked all of the ones I've tried.

Della

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 4:04 pm
Made this for dinner tonight and it is delicious. Thanks so much. As an aside I substituted oil for the melted butter because I would like to be able to serve it on Shabbos as well. Thanks again!

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 4:07 pm
Della wrote:
Made this for dinner tonight and it is delicious. Thanks so much. As an aside I substituted oil for the melted butter because I would like to be able to serve it on Shabbos as well. Thanks again!

Glad you enjoyed it. Some of the plant butters are a good substitute for dairy butter because they more of a "butter" flavor profile. But in this kind of recipe where there are other strong flavors going on, it really shouldn't matter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics