Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Boro Park to Crown Heights Community Bus

oldermom

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 6:50 am
There used to be a private bus service between Boro Park and Crown Heights. I have been looking for transportation between Boro Park and Crown Heights, but it looks like this bus service is no longer in business. Is there any similar service available now? Commute by train/bus not such a good option. TIA

SYA

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:01 am
At this point there is nothing except for train or mta buses.

oldermom

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:55 am
Ty for this info, such a shame that there is no direct transportation!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 5:11 pm
getting around brooklyn was always hard. that's why we always did things in manhattan instead

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 5:15 pm
Didn't they restart the bus service last year again?

oldermom

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 3:33 am
Is this the same private bus company? Do you have any contact information? Really appreciate any additional information since the subway commute is very difficult. TIA!

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 3:53 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Didn't they restart the bus service last year again?

It didn't last too long. Unfortunately there's still no easy way, I walked the other day because I just couldn't handle shlepping my stroller on the subway yet again🙈

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 7:09 am
chocolate moose wrote:
getting around brooklyn was always hard. that's why we always did things in manhattan instead

It is ironic.

I commuted to school from Midwood to Manhattan and my friends were scattered all over the boroughs. If I wanted to see friends outside of school we had to meet in Manhattan so it was easier for me to visit my Manhattan friends than my Brooklyn friends - and forget about my Queens friends.

If I wanted to see my friend in BP, my father had to drive me and pick me up later in the afternoon. Or the next day if it was a sleep over. I think a few times I took the train to Atlantic Avenue and then got on the subway line to BP but that was a shlep.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 7:11 am
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
It didn't last too long. Unfortunately there's still no easy way, I walked the other day because I just couldn't handle shlepping my stroller on the subway yet again🙈

How long of a walk is it?

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 7:13 am
Depends where in boro park, generally at least an hour and a half. It's not really practical!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 7:33 am
If you schedule your Uber ride in advance (as opposed to requesting at the same time you need it), you can sometimes get fares for ~$10-15 between the two neighborhoods. Probably too expensive if you need to go back and forth every day, but good for the occasional trip.

oldermom

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 7:36 am
How do you schedule uber rides in advance to get a discount?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 7:48 am
oldermom wrote:
How do you schedule uber rides in advance to get a discount?

When you first log in to the app, there's a box on the left that says "where to?" to put in the address. Right next to it on the right, there's a box that says "now" with a little pulldown arrow. If you click on the arrow , a screen will pop up to let you scroll down to pick the date and time you want.

oldermom

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 8:10 am
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries