Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Need a Pesach project ASAP

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 6:13 pm
Any ideas for a Pesach project for grades 1-3 I am running so behind schedule with teaching Pesach and I didn't think of a project...

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 6:17 pm
My daughter came home with a project yesterday. She's in 4th grade. It's a half a plastic soda bottle and decorated (I think with paper) to look like a tux for a wine bottle. There's also, more expensive, pillow case, afikomen bag, the usual.

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:00 pm
We will be making Eliahu's cup.
Take a wine glass from the dollarstore or Ikea and paint it to look like stained glass . You can also get plastic disposable ones but The glass one will become a keepsake.
To make the paint mix tempera with glue it will dry clear .
I had kids draw flowers ,vines , Jerusalem or just paint bright colors ....encourage them to express their individual style , the beauty of art is the diversity.
good luck!

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 11:08 pm
Pillowcase ( fabric crayons, permanat markers or puffed paint even bingo permanat markers would work), Seder place mat (with the order of the seder personalize with child's picture), Eliyahus cup like poster above or with ceramic cups and paint.
Act fast though not much time left Wink

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 5:48 am
seder plate - find cheap large plates, plastic or china, and use permenant markers to decorate. Give the kids a template of a seder plate to copy, or cut out from stiff card the pictures - bone, egg, charoses, for the kids to draw around.

Starhavah

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 10:18 pm
I have two.

The first have kids make a poster of the order of the seder with a picture of (a piece of something that they glued to the poster (like a piece of matza for motzei matza or a piece of parsely for karpas). Buy Post-It arrows from an office supply store. Have them bring the poster home to track the progress of the seder by moving the arrow from section to section. It also helps them realize how far away (or close they are to shulhan orech and reduce the whining of "when do we eat").

You probably do not have time for this one this year, but I will put out there so people can save it.

Print off each prayer in the haggadah on a seperate page. Have the kids make front and back covers, then they glue something to the page or draw a picture that explains what is happening in each prayer (like above). There a ready made (mostly) 3-D haggadah that they will be happy to use at home. I usually 1-2 boxes of matzah (depending on the size of the class) a bunch of parsely a root of horseradish cut into small pieces, blue celophane for the 2 washings, we draw bricks for charoset (if anyone can thing of 3-D reperesentation for this that will not mold - let me know!) We write "thank you" all over the pages with benching and "?"s on the page with the 4 questions. We draw our seder tables on the Shulchan Orech page and numbered kiddish cups for each of the cups of course. It goes on and on. This project is good because it can be rushed into about a week or streachted out into a few weeks as your class needs it done. Never do too many pages in one day or the kids lose the meaning of it.

Chag Kasher v'samaeach,

Star Havah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics