Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2 year old still vomiting often

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 9:39 pm
My 24 month old was an extremely fussy baby and at 12 weeks I went to see a doctor and asked if it could be reflux as he had many symptoms and he just said ok he will give medication (my baby never had any tests or scans to see what's going on).
He was on medication and eventually weaned off it but he still keeps vomiting, the doctors are saying as long is he is growing on his line it doesn't matter and I can medicate again if I want.
The reason I don't want to is, 1. he has periods he doesn't vomit for a week or 2 so why shod he be on medication. 2. It has never been checked so it might not be reflux.
At the moment he is still vomiting often, sometimes a couple of times a day and sometimes every few days, and its difficult for everyone.
What can I do and which test should I request from the doctor.

oakandfig19

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 10:11 pm
Has he been allergy tested? Vomiting is a symptom of many food allergies.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 10:15 pm
EoE

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 10:33 pm
My child was like this. We took her to many allergists and many GIs. She had to undergo extensive testing, many of them rather invasive and uncomfortable.

At the age of 5, I'd had it. I made a complete about-face, stopped all her meds, and took her to a homeopath and craniosacral therapy. She's 7 now and hasn't vomited even once in at least 18 months.

It's absolutely not normal for a 2yr old to be vomiting on a regular basis. Your doctor has no idea what's wrong and why it's happening. It's time to try something else.

That doesn't mean you have to do what I did. But it's time to try another path since your doctor is not helping you get to the bottom of it. Your gut is telling you that something is off. Listen to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics