Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
We are bewildered

Dandelion21

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 9:19 pm
Friday night there was a boom in my home. We tried to figure it out but it took time. We noticed a big crack in our stone countertop. The hot plate must've been too hot on the counter and it cracked the counter.
With a shinoi we moved the hotplate to the stove because we couldn't find a [gentile] to unplug it.
In the morning a very strange thing occurred. We saw that the crack sealed itself. Leaving only a slight scar if you look closely.
Can anyone help us figure it out? We both saw it and didn't have a dream about it together.

Ty

puzzlepieces

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 9:49 pm
That's really strange! What material is your countertop?

L K

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 9:58 pm
Sounds like it shrank and then expanded, like pavement in winter/summer.

HelloG

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 9:59 pm
Dandelion21 wrote:
Friday night there was a boom in my home. We tried to figure it out but it took time. We noticed a big crack in our stone countertop. The hot plate must've been too hot on the counter and it cracked the counter.
With a shinoi we moved the hotplate to the stove because we couldn't find a [gentile] to unplug it.
In the morning a very strange thing occurred. We saw that the crack sealed itself. Leaving only a slight scar if you look closely.
Can anyone help us figure it out? We both saw it and didn't have a dream about it together.

Ty

hooray lucky you
I am also curious which material the countertop is from

Genius

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 10:02 pm
It makes sense that it expanded from the heat but shrank back when it cooled off. I’m also wondering what material your counter is.

Living Princess

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:33 pm
Same thing happened to me one year on Shavuos. My counter is made of technistone which is a mixture of granite and quartz

lovecouches

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 1:36 am
I just had the same thing with a hot cup when I put hot water in. The explanation of it expanding with heat makes sense. I don't know if there is anything to worry about now.

Optione

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:02 am
Like other said, it contacted as it cooled.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics