Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone feel kids can't get serious covid?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:51 am
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
It has a lot to do with the risk benefit analysis when there are no benefits to something.

For goodness sake. No one’s saying covid has value. They’re saying living a normal life has value. Just like we don’t “assur” car travel because of the risk, we should not “assur” normal life because of the covid risk!!

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 4:10 am
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
For goodness sake. No one’s saying covid has value. They’re saying living a normal life has value. Just like we don’t “assur” car travel because of the risk, we should not “assur” normal life because of the covid risk!!

So I'm living in fear for wearing a seatbelt.

And I'm not living in fear when I ask before meeting up with someone if they have recently been exposed to someone with COVID.

I think it's disgusting that people with COVID think it's totally fine to go out.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 4:28 am
Not the point. The point is, seatbelts or otherwise, there are still fatal accidents. We as a society have decided to accept that level of risk in order to drive cars.
At what point to we as a society decide that the risk covid poses is low enough that we have to accept it and carry on with life?
Many say we’ve reached that point. No one at all denies that the risk covid now poses is infinitely lower than at first.
Does a person have a right to say “I’m still afraid of cars. I’m never going in one.”? Of course. Does he have a right to force that on society? Obviously not.
(For anecdotal comparison, in my neighborhood in the last two years, we’ve lost one person to covid and one to a fatal accident.)
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics