Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
School, carpool, and balancing everyone's needs

yehudis

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 5:38 pm
My oldest just started school, and B"H she loves it. The problem is, it's about half an hour away. (It's not in any Jewish neighborhood; everybody has to drive to get there, but it's a good school, so lots of people do it.) So we're d oing carpool, and today was my first time driving. I had to leave my 2-year-old with a friend in order to fit all the kids in the van, and she cried the whole time. The baby cried most of the time in the van. I feel so guilty. I could ask my husband to drive, but then he'd miss half of shacharis. It's only once a week, but still.

It's so hard to balance everyone's needs. I feel that no matter what I do, I'd be neglecting someone. How do we find the right balance?

Tovah

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 8:04 pm
maybe you can pick the kids up after school instead of the morning

shanie5

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 8:28 pm
u cant keep everyone happy all the time. what needs arent u filling? so the baby is crying- babies cry all the time. you left the 2 year old w/ a friend? whats wrong w/ that? all children adapt to what their situation is. you are not doing anything wrong. let the baby cry once a week or leave him/her home with the 2 year old. if you stress yourself out cuz of this, your gonna make your children unhappy. but if you consider it just the way life is then they will too. good luck

Rivk

Post Tue, Sep 13 2005, 10:01 pm
Can your hire someone to do carpool for you?

yehudis

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 1:50 pm
Thanks everybody. I am doing the afternoon carpool also. I don't think I can hire somebody.

I talked to my husband, and we decided that he'll drive next week and meanwhile I'll try to get my two-year-old more used to staying at my friend's house, and we'll see how it goes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics