Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
6 months not rolling over

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:51 am
My 6 month old baby has no intention of rolling over . I've tried to encourage it a few times but she just isn't interested. She is very good on her stomach and is very focused but just isn't reaching this milestone. Any cause for concern? I was induced at 38 weeks so she was forced out a little early.

DreamerForever

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:07 am
I don't think that's a cause for concern. None of my kids rolled over much at all and they're fine. Not the most active kids but perfectly ok developmentally. Some literally hadn't rolled over by 12 months either. Guess they just didn't feel like it Smile
38 weeks is considered 'full term' from a medical perspective, so don't worry.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:46 am
Not a cause for concern.

but if baby lets, I would slowly roll her over starting from turning the shoulders with the rest of the body following.

some babies like it like a game.

sing. baby roll over...roll over.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:49 am
Go to Youtube.com and search

teach baby to roll over.

PTs show you how.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:31 am
If you are still concerned or he misses other developmental milestones dont be afraid to call early intervention it's free and they come to your house!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:39 am
One of my children never rolled over until almost 2! Long after she started walking. It was nice since she never gave me a hard time changing a diaper:)
Two doctors from my pediatrician practice both said there no reason for concern at all. One said his child was like that too and now he’s also a doctor many years later!

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:56 am
Keep encouraging it, keep doing tummy time and put toes bare on the floor (on a warm blanket) for more sensory reception.
@milestones.and.motherhood on Instagram has tips on helping roll over or you can YouTube

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:04 am
Some of my kids rolled over at 10 months and some of my siblings after a year. Pediatrician was not concerned.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:03 am
My oldest never cared to roll over. When she became a toddler she showed me that she could do it.

I'm missing that now...my baby is so wiggly and diaper changes are so difficult.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics