Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Are you in the stepmother group?

Are you in the stepmother group?
Yes  
 7%  [ 14 ]
No, because I'm not a stepmother  
 85%  [ 163 ]
No, because I didn't know there was one  
 5%  [ 10 ]
No, I'm just not that interested  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Other...?  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 191

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:15 am
Just joined but it looks very inactive. I'm wondering if people just don't know it's there, or are we really such a rare breed? Is there somewhere else to go for blending families support?

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 1:40 am
I voted other because I forgot it exists. I am a stepmother and I'd love to join the forum.
I think I once asked an admin (years ago) to give me access but I never got a response. I'll try again, who is the moderator for the group?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:05 am
Yay, looks like we have 4 new members coming! This thread was a good idea :-)

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 8:26 am
If you are open to using or even just reading a non-Jewish open forum, reddit has a very active one for stepparents.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stepparents

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 5:13 pm
Just wanted to thank the non-stepmothers for responding and keeping the poll active!

So far only 8 stepmoms? Oh well.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:46 pm
I voted 'other' as technically I'm a stepmother, but dh's children were over 20 when we married, so I don't 'mother' them. And don't feel like I technically belong in a stepmother forum.

essie14

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:51 am
I wish the stepmother forum would be more active here. I actually know a bunch of stepmoms IRL but none are on this site.
OP, feel free to start a thread there if you need support.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:56 am
Bumping out of curiosity whether the 4 "didn't know about the forum" and the 1 "other because she applied and possibly got forgotten" ended up joining the group. Also can the 6 of you who are already in (one was me and one I know is active) please come over to the private forum check in? We can all use each other's support! OK actually I'm just assuming that; all I really know is that I can use your support!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 6:02 am
I was there, because I'm a step daughter, but was since removed since I'm a step daughter Wink

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 7:11 am
Well it is supposed to be for step mothers....so yes you could ask to start your own group should you want one for step daughters.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:39 am
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
I was there, because I'm a step daughter, but was since removed since I'm a step daughter Wink

That is the main reason I am not active on there. The few posts I have seen have been bashed by stepdaughters. Definitely not the point of having a stepmother support group. I certainly don’t feel comfortable or safe posting there knowing that stepdaughters in the community are able to infiltrate, even if they are later removed.

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:25 pm
I guess there needs to be more clarity, especially since the title of the group is "and blended families." Maybe mods can do a group purge of some kind.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:18 am
Is the group still active? How do I join?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:22 am
Voted “No, because I didn't know there was one” but when I went to request access I saw that I am indeed in the group.

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:56 am
It doesn't get a lot of posts, but when someone posts there are usually helpful replies. I guess you can call that medium active?

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:17 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
Is the group still active? How do I join?

Search for it on the forum list and click to request access.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:18 pm
What are the official requirements of being a stepmother? I don’t consider myself one officially, DH has kids from first marriage and we have them once a week.

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:22 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
What are the official requirements of being a stepmother? I don’t consider myself one officially, DH has kids from first marriage and we have them once a week.

If you're married to someone who has children from a previous marriage you're a stepmother.
Why don't you consider yourself a stepmother?

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:12 pm
essie14 wrote:
If you're married to someone who has children from a previous marriage you're a stepmother.
Why don't you consider yourself a stepmother?

Because I don’t care for them full time, and the word mother triggers me cause I don’t have kids yet.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:39 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
I voted 'other' as technically I'm a stepmother, but dh's children were over 20 when we married, so I don't 'mother' them. And don't feel like I technically belong in a stepmother forum.

You should chime in on the step mil thread!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics