Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Have you had covid/flu in the past 3 weeks? In Lkwd/TR/Jaksn
1  2  Next

Have you had covid/flu in the past 3 weeks? Plz read all options.
Covid  
 30%  [ 20 ]
Flu  
 19%  [ 13 ]
Another virus (tested negative for covid/flu)  
 12%  [ 8 ]
Had symptoms of a virus, but didn’t get tested  
 37%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 66

momof2+?

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:06 pm
Sounds like 1/3 of the Boro park community tested positive for covid recently, but I only hear of people in Lakewood having the flu....

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:10 pm
I know at least 3 people who had covid.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:12 pm
3 covid, 2 flu here. I tested negative for both but was still sick.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:26 pm
I don’t have currently.

But I know tons of ppl tested positive.

And even more ppl not feeling well but telling me they aren’t bothering with testing. They just assume that is what they have

smss

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:34 pm
Those of you who aren't testing, I hope you're assuming it's covid and isolating accordingly....

small bean

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:36 pm
My sisters family in lakewoos had flu and then a week later had covid.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:39 pm
It seems like the flu wave hit first, and in the past couple of weeks there was more Covid. I know people who have tested positive for both.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:12 pm
smss wrote:
Those of you who aren't testing, I hope you're assuming it's covid and isolating accordingly....

Why would we do that? You heard of common colds, right?

For example, in my family a bunch of people have been sick over the past 4-5 weeks. I sent the first few to a dr because I suspected strep. Dr didn’t even want to test for anything other than flu. I took one back, and she got tested for everything: strep, flu and covid. All came back negative.
When the rest of the family (who had COVID a year ago) has been getting sick with exact same symptoms as those first few members why should I assume it’s a different virus?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:25 pm
Everyone I know getting covid now. I just had it and honestly was the mildest winter cold I have ever had. I see no reason for anyone to be isolating, aside from when they actively have fever or whatever.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:30 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Everyone I know getting covid now. I just had it and honestly was the mildest winter cold I have ever had. I see no reason for anyone to be isolating, aside from when they actively have fever or whatever.

You must be young. DH and his brothers just got covid - all in their fifties - and though they're not sick enough to be hospitalized, they are really feeling very sick.

For us middle aged folks it's no joke!!! Not much to be done but please isolate!!!! For the sake of other people.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:33 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
You must be young. DH and his brothers just got covid - all in their fifties - and though they're not sick enough to be hospitalized, they are really feeling very sick.

For us middle aged folks it's no joke!!! Not much to be done but please isolate!!!! For the sake of other people.

Yes, everyone who is sick should isolate. No, not after symptoms have subsided. It is no different than flu and the flu is pretty nasty now as well. Unfortunately the winter is full of unpleasant viruses, especially this year for some reason, but no reason for everyone to be stopping their lives for a week if they feel better after a couple of days.

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:34 pm
Just want to pipe in and say: vitamins are a GAME CHANGER!! I was never the type to be into supplements and remedies but I saw that my husband who normally gets sick every single time something is going around, was the only one in our family to not get sick after we got sick from a stay by relatives (they got sick while we were there). He religiously takes vitamin c and d and zinc and he was completely fine! Mild headache one of the days but that’s really it. We were sick with a virus - not sure if it was the flu, only tested for Covid and we were all negative.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:34 pm
I have Covid now. Had it pretty bad in 2020 and feeling pretty lousy now as well. I’m 30 years old.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:41 pm
Went to get my daughter tested today. She was patient 18 and the first one not positive for Covid !!!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:45 pm
Right now many ppl don’t care. I was waiting at the bus stop and mother next to me tells me she has covid. That is just one of many ppl telling me. Ppl don’t care.

If you want to be careful make sure you are vaccinated, wear a mask and avoid crowds.

Otherwise there is no guarantee.

Not to condone what is going on but this thing is wildfire.

My parents live in a community were everyone is vaccinated, masks, every student in the schools over 12 is vaccinated, ppl are so careful. And it is spreading between everyone like a fire. (Including my parents, aunts, uncles, siblings)

It seems very hard to contain even with quarantining.

smss

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:00 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Why would we do that? You heard of common colds, right?

For example, in my family a bunch of people have been sick over the past 4-5 weeks. I sent the first few to a dr because I suspected strep. Dr didn’t even want to test for anything other than flu. I took one back, and she got tested for everything: strep, flu and covid. All came back negative.
When the rest of the family (who had COVID a year ago) has been getting sick with exact same symptoms as those first few members why should I assume it’s a different virus?

What are the symptoms?
On what day of symptoms was your daughter tested? Rapid or PCR? Nose or throat swab?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:38 pm
smss wrote:
What are the symptoms?
On what day of symptoms was your daughter tested? Rapid or PCR? Nose or throat swab?

Mine had bay hurting sore throat here, throat-related cough, not deep one, some with and some without fever, congested, headache.

Why do you care what day she was tested?! A day that her symptoms were present and bad enough to warrant a second day in a row trip to the dr.

She got ´em all the tests: throat culture, nose swabs, rapid and overnight strep, rapid covid, pcr, and flu.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 5:27 pm
No option for I haven't been sick in the last few weeks? Bh

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 5:39 pm
smss wrote:

If I assumed it’s the flu why wouldn’t I also stay home? Flu or COVID doesn’t matter, it’s still horrible and I wouldn’t want to get anyone else sick.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:02 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Sounds like 1/3 of the Boro park community tested positive for covid recently, but I only hear of people in Lakewood having the flu....

Lots of ppl in Baltimore with the flu so it's not just Lakewood. Also covid but def flu too
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics