Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Winter break on a budget…what are my options?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:08 pm
I’d like to take my kids away for 3 days this winter break. In the past we’ve done Orlando but it’s not happening this year for a few reasons. Looking to go somewhere where there are fun things to do (we would do outdoor winter sports) and not too pricey up to 5 hours from Lakewood. We would do an Airbnb or a hotel suite. My kids are ages 0-8. Not Baltimore or Philly. Also don’t want one of those rented out places like camelback etc. Where have you been that fits the bill? Where did you stay and what did you do? Thanks in advance!

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’d like to take my kids away for 3 days this winter break. In the past we’ve done Orlando but it’s not happening this year for a few reasons. Looking to go somewhere where there are fun things to do (we would do outdoor winter sports) and not too pricey up to 5 hours from Lakewood. We would do an Airbnb or a hotel suite. My kids are ages 0-8. Not Baltimore or Philly. Also don’t want one of those rented out places like camelback etc. Where have you been that fits the bill? Where did you stay and what did you do? Thanks in advance!

There are lots of well priced air bnbs in the Poconos. And tons of things to do nearby…

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:13 pm
Poconos has tons of outdoor activities.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:00 pm
Thanks! Any other tried and true options besides poconos?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:16 pm
My first thought was the Poconos. You could also go to Tannersville, with outdoor sports at Hunter, Wyndham, and Belleayre. You could stay at the Melour if you want kosher food. If you want a more urban experience, you could go to Baltimore, DC, or Boston.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:17 pm
The poconos or upstate ny

mom2be

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:00 pm
Besides for snowtubing, what else is there to do in the poconos? ( not skiing)

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:07 pm
What about American dream mall? Stay in Passaic or something and do everything in the mall

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:46 pm
Kartrite water park in Monticello. Check it out. People were very happy there

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:47 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
What about American dream mall? Stay in Passaic or something and do everything in the mall

That will cost a fortune!

At one point I looked into Massachusetts near the dr Seuss museum. I think it’s Springfield. I was gonna do a hotel with an indoor pool and visit the museum. There’s also ice skating and bowling. I never did it though, maybe some other Imas can chime in….

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:52 pm
We just spent a few days at a gorgeous airbnb in the Poconos. Indoor water park, snow tubing, bouncy castle place. Relaxing, family time by fire place etc

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:03 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:

At one point I looked into Massachusetts near the dr Seuss museum. I think it’s Springfield. I was gonna do a hotel with an indoor pool and visit the museum. There’s also ice skating and bowling. I never did it though, maybe some other Imas can chime in….

I’ve actually done this! It’s a great place Smile

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve actually done this! It’s a great place Smile

I guess I should ask you about it next time I trip plan Wink

Some other ideas are:

Connecticut- there’s IT huge indoor ropes course. Used to be a small skiing place near Waterbury but not sure if it’s still around.

Greek Peek- in the Finger Lakes. Beautiful family friendly hotel with an indoor water park right next to skiing. I found the hotel on Groupon years ago…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:

We’ve done this…also, American Dream on Yeshiva Week will probably be even worse than American Dream on Chanukah break lol

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
We just spent a few days at a gorgeous airbnb in the Poconos. Indoor water park, snow tubing, bouncy castle place. Relaxing, family time by fire place etc

Sounds nice! Which water park did you do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:40 pm
I guess I should ask you about it next time I trip plan Wink

Some other ideas are:

Connecticut- there’s IT huge indoor ropes course. Used to be a small skiing place near Waterbury but not sure if it’s still around.

Greek Peek- in the Finger Lakes. Beautiful family friendly hotel with an indoor water park right next to skiing. I found the hotel on Groupon years ago…

I’m usually the go to person for my friends to ask about trips and idk why I’m just not so into it now…I was thinking about IT as an option, it looks cool. Also will check out Greek Peek, thanks!!

Optione

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:02 pm
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:

Can you post the link for the airbnb? Or pm me? Thanks!

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:15 pm

Just curious, American dream will cost more then the hotel with indoor pool and museum?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

is the camelback being rented out? we would love to do something like that but only if it will b tzniyus. if it’s rented out that would b amazing. do you want know where I can get more info?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:30 pm
Not sure about camelback but kartrite will be rented out. Same idea.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics