Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
S/O Guineas records: Being underweight is not a good thing.
Previous  1  2

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:09 pm
My friend weighs 100lbs and is 5'5, everyone thinks she has an eating disorder but she doesn't. I've known her since we were kids and she was always very thin, it's in her genes.
But yes, this can be triggering for some.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:41 pm
The underweight bothered me more bec I was scared it would put pressure on others to lose and make them feel fat.

No one is wanting to gain more weight to be the heaviest.

That thread wasn’t a happy success winnings at all. Lots of Abuse, young divorce, miscarriage. There was a lot of sadness going on that thread.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:

That thread wasn’t a happy success winnings at all. Lots of Abuse, young divorce, miscarriage. There was a lot of sadness going on that thread.

I think it was great. Some sadness but lots of happiness or just plain fun. And I think for some of those with the sad "records", it could feel good to get it out in a fun forum like this.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
I think it was great. Some sadness but lots of happiness or just plain fun. And I think for some of those with the sad "records", it could feel good to get it out in a fun forum like this.

I don’t think it was all in fun. Some ppl were really in pain. And I felt bad some really got ignored. I hope they didn’t feel it.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:48 pm
I don’t think it was all in fun. Some ppl were really in pain. And I felt bad some really got ignored. I hope they didn’t feel it.

I hear. I b"H was not speaking for myself so you could be right.

Reality

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:35 pm

That's exactly how I felt.

It actually felt like being back in school where "fun" so many times leads to meanness.

Reality

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:38 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
I'm one of the heavy posters who posted on that thread.
It was meant to be a very light thread.
My obesity is such a heavy topic, no pun intended, that it was fun to joke about it in a light way (anonymously, of course).
Am I happy to be so heavy? Of course not.
Am I doing everything I can to lose weight? Of course.
But that's my lot in life (yes, there are factors causing the obesity that are out of my control) and sometimes it feels good to make a light joke about it.

I'm happy to hear you weren't upset!

I was upset for you. There's a lot of fat shaming in our community. Nobody ever has to reveal how much they weigh for somebody else's entertainment!

Sending you lots of strength and hugs!!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:11 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
My friend weighs 100lbs and is 5'5, everyone thinks she has an eating disorder but she doesn't. I've known her since we were kids and she was always very thin, it's in her genes.
But yes, this can be triggering for some.

That's not the same at all as 5'8 and weighing in the 90s.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:13 am
The relationship between BMI and danger is a J curve. That means the link between mortality and underweight is a steep slope while the link between mortality and overweight is a much more gradual one.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise