Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Telling boys - pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:29 am
Do you tell your boys there is a baby in your belly?

(8 year range) (pretty sheltered usually)

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

At 8? Yes I absolutely would. But when I would start showing.. And I wouldn't say a baby in my belly. I would say pregnant personally. 8 year olds aren't babies..

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:32 am
No. I tell them that I'm going to have a baby, but I don't say that there's a baby in my belly. Not to girls and not to boys. They've figured it out that the baby is in my belly, without me telling them.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I dot know anyone who would use that language when telling a child they are pregnant, not boys or girls.

But if they asked if there baby is in your stomach, of course I would answer in the affirmative. I would never lie.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:35 am
yes. theres a baby in mommys tummy. It starts out tiny tiny like a poppy seed and now its about as big as an... around ___ time we're expecting a new baby in our family!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:38 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I dot know anyone who would use that language when telling a child they are pregnant, not boys or girls.

But if they asked if there baby is in your stomach, of course I would answer in the affirmative. I would never lie.

I use that language when my kids are super little- like under 5. For kids older than that I say mommy is having a baby or going to have a baby.

sheifelah

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:40 am
Of course I would say. Why not? And why singling out boys?

behappy2

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:42 am
What's the difference between boys and girls?

mama123

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:53 am
I don't understand why there would be a difference between a boy and girl. Other than a girl at 8 would be closer to puberty age and maybe (?) would need more info. But I don't have any girls that old.
With my sons, I tell them once I am: out of my first trimester, already showing, and already told grandparents.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:54 am
Little boys, like little girls, should be told that a baby is on the way and it's growing in mommy's body. (If they are told it's her stomach, they might think she ate a baby, which makes for all sorts of funny misunderstandings.)

When a friend of mine had her youngest, her oldest boys were teenagers. She said they were so embarrassed they couldn't look her in the eye for months.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:56 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
When a friend of mine had her youngest, her oldest boys were teenagers. She said they were so embarrassed they couldn't look her in the eye for months.

Wow. Gotta say I have more sympathy for the mom in that situation.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:14 pm
My boys and girls noticed by themselves much younger than that and of course we talked about it.
If you don’t talk about it, they grow up to be the embarrassed teenagers mentioned above.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:19 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I actually prefer to be slightly more specific and say there's a special organ just for growing babies. That way they don't associate it with digestion.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
I actually prefer to be slightly more specific and say there's a special organ just for growing babies. That way they don't associate it with digestion.

My kids all knew the word uterus when I was pregnant with my youngest- they were 4 (b), 7 (g), and 11 (b)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children