Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva brachos “party favor”

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:48 pm
What are “party favors” with pics of chosson/kallah that are easy to do for sheva brachos? The ones I’ve seen are match boxes “match made in heaven” and benchers of course. Any other ideas?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:59 pm
My sister's friend made really cute "picture frame" cookies with a picture of the Chassan/Kallah (square cookie, picture, and another square cookie with frame cut out, all attached with some frosting.) They were placed at every setting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:00 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My sister's friend made really cute "picture frame" cookies with a picture of the Chassan/Kallah (square cookie, picture, and another square cookie with frame cut out, all attached with some frosting.) They were placed at every setting.

So cute!! Any other ideas? Looking for something that’s easy to do.

sky

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:04 pm
Can put pic on any packaging.

Watermelon candies in cute wrapper. “ a couple that is one in a melon”

Mints in a mini shoe - “ it was mint to be. In a mazeldick shoe”

Coloring book of couple. See Colorscape app.

Last edited by sky on Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:07 pm
Mugs, masks, magnets

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:10 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Mugs, masks, magnets

How do you do those if making it for sheva brachos the day after wedding?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:11 pm
Is this the norm? To give party favors at a Sheva brachos? This seems crazy to me. I am really out of the loop I guess.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:

This actually sounds very easy. Just have the cookies prepared in your freezer. Day of just need to print the pics and assemble

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:20 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
This actually sounds very easy. Just have the cookies prepared in your freezer. Day of just need to print the pics and assemble

Right I don’t want to worry about making cookies but also would rather a “permanent” party favor.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:20 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Is this the norm? To give party favors at a Sheva brachos? This seems crazy to me. I am really out of the loop I guess.

Not necessarily but they’re so fun! It’s just a little memorabilia

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:29 pm
We've received:
- A printed and laminated havdalah card at a motse shabbos Sheva brachot with the photo and logo/names of Chatan and kallah. So useful!

- keyring with photo....I changed the photo when I got home.

- photo holders, crocodile clip style. Was used for name places which had a photo of Chatan and kallah.

- pizza cutter, potato peeler, washing up brush .... Was tied into kitchen/cooking themed evening. (No photo, though was useful)

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not necessarily but they’re so fun! It’s just a little memorabilia

I'm sure it's fun and I'm sure it's appreciated, but thinking back to all the times I have hosted a Sheva brochos - it is so much expense and effort already. People are not bringing gifts. They already did that at the wedding. It just seems so over the top that they are coming and getting fed a beautiful meal and now there is an expectation that they should go home with a little present too. But I feel better that you say it's not expected and knowing that people didn't necessarily go home from my house feeling upset they didn't get a magnet or keychain or something. It's very kind of you to arrange this extra on top of everything you're already doing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 2:17 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
I'm sure it's fun and I'm sure it's appreciated, but thinking back to all the times I have hosted a Sheva brochos - it is so much expense and effort already. People are not bringing gifts. They already did that at the wedding. It just seems so over the top that they are coming and getting fed a beautiful meal and now there is an expectation that they should go home with a little present too. But I feel better that you say it's not expected and knowing that people didn't necessarily go home from my house feeling upset they didn't get a magnet or keychain or something. It's very kind of you to arrange this extra on top of everything you're already doing.

Totally get that and not all considered expected! I think it’s nice for the chosson and kallah if one of their 7 sheva brachos ends up having a cute take home souvenir and I would definitely not do anything that costs a lot of money

sky

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 2:30 pm
We make super simple sheva brachos as a family for nieces and nephews.
The party favor is a cute decoration to put on the table.
We don’t spend on tablecloths, fancy paper goods or centerpieces. So this dresses up the table and is something everyone enjoys.

ETA: we typically spend under $1 per person.

Last edited by sky on Tue, Jan 04 2022, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 2:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Totally get that and not all considered expected! I think it’s nice for the chosson and kallah if one of their 7 sheva brachos ends up having a cute take home souvenir and I would definitely not do anything that costs a lot of money

If you can get a copy of their monogram, you can put it on a label and stick it on mini hand sanitizers from bath and body works.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 5:12 pm
I've gotten a pretty mint tin with a ribbon thats said 'mint to be', at a milchig sheva brachos with a coffee bar, there were coffee cups that has the chosson/kallah names and said 'the perfect blend'. Also saw pens with a picture of chassan/kalla and said 'just write together'. There was a place for everyone to write a message for the chosson kallah using their pens.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 1:12 pm
Has anyone made the Havdala card? Wondering how/where you did it?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 1:23 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
Has anyone made the Havdala card? Wondering how/where you did it?

If you have time can order lucite from aliexpress.
Otherwise Jewish printing house
Or if someone has Davka with hebrew text or find text on line and edit/design in google docs. Print on your own or professionally.

It’s a nice idea.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 2:22 pm
Thank you! I put something together in google docs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics