Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Pay for male working 3 years

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:35 pm
Delete

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:44 pm
What field is he in?
You can't make him understand that he is underpaid. He knows. You can ruin his self worth and that will prevent him from ever proving himself at all.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:46 pm
Depends on his field. Depends what level he has worked his way up to.
What sort of job does he have?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:51 pm
Sounds like u don’t know how this works…

nicole81

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:58 pm
Why do you think he's being underpaid? Working hard often has zero to do with pay, and oftentimes the people who work the hardest are the ones at the bottom of the pay scale. Also, it makes no sense to compare his salary to those of other random men. You need to compare the salary to those in the same job with similar experience, both men and women.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:02 pm
What does being male have to do with anything? The question is what he is working as, how many hours, what country/ city , etc., what education he has , experience, etc

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:05 pm
Sorry for bothering to ask a question. You people on this site have such issues. You attack every person asking a simple question. Get off the site and go to bed if all you want to do is bash people.

Amother lemon I mean you.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry for bothering to ask a question. You people on this site have such issues. You attack every person asking a simple question. Get off the site and go to bed if all you want to do is bash people.

Perhaps it could have been worded more nicely, but what they said is true.

After 3 years of work at a big law firm, you can expect to make $331,000.

After 3 years as a cashier at Walmart, you can expect to make minimum wage.

Moreover, in the US, at the very least, it would be illegal to base pay upon a person's gender.

I suggest you check Glassdoor for comparables, or provide more information.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:14 pm
Is he a lawyer, shelf stocker, accountant, bus driver.
Does he work for mom and pop business or corporation or Google.

If engineer at google 360,000
If shelf stocker at KRM 35,000
3rd year medical resident 70,000
Accountant on mom and pop firm OOT 65,000
CPA in Manhattan at one of big 5 200,000
Real estate manager in Trenton 65,000

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m sorry I didn’t say it nicely, but I think this might be getting in the way of your husband listening to you as well.

People don’t just make more money based on how many years they work or their gender. It’s based on the kind of job, the skills they learn etc.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:33 pm
Gender has nothing to do with pay. It is illegal in the USA to pay differently based solely on race, gender, religion, marital status....

These questions pop up on this site all the time. "How much as a married woman should I be making per hour?"

Pay should be based off of education, experience, skills needed, and how in-demand the field is vs how many potential employees (supply and demand. If there is only one person who does X in the area they can charge more than someone who faces competition on every street corner).

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:40 pm
It sounds like you want some reassurance that your husband’s experience should beget him a better salary than he’s currently earning. If you could provide some level of detail such as location, field, position, level of education, I’m sure Imamothers could help you assess whether he is underpaid or not. Work experience is unfortunately not always a determiner fo pay, depending on the job.

As far as how to convince your husband that he’s underpaid, that’s another story. It probably really depends on those aforementioned details and whether he is actually underpaid for what he does. And how happy he is in his job, and what he sees as his responsibility to earn, etc.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:43 pm
You need to be more specific
Asking a question and giving no details is pointless

nicole81

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Amother lemon could have been nicer, but no one was attacking you. Frankly your reaction is quite disproportionate and reads as projection. Hopefully you are reflective enough to consider what was suggested, and hatzlacha in figuring things out with your husband.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics