Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What exactly is a Chofetz Chaim community / shul

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:12 pm
We're BTs and don't really know all the ins-and-outs. We are seriously considering a move to an OOT CC community, which we've previously visited and liked. We get the literal concept that a CC community shul is one that is founded by alumni of the CC yeshiva. But can people explain how a CC community/shul/school is different than any other yeshivish community/shul/school. What do non CC yeshivish people think of CC? How accepting are CC communities of not so yeshivish BTs? Those are the kinds of things I'd like to know. Thank you very much!

torquoise

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:46 pm
My husband is a CC graduate, so I'm somewhat familiar, but we do not live in a CC community, so I can't answer your questions from personal experience.
What I understand is - Chofetz is a nice balance of frumkeit. They are warm, welcoming, frum but not overly frum, and everything they do is based on Torah halacha and hashkafa. CC musmachim (graduates) have a strong connection with their rabbeim, and therefore have good guidance. This is different than some other out-of-town communities, where perhaps that guidance is not so strong.

Maybe someone from a CC community can answer your questions in more detail, but all the CC leaders of communities that I know are sterling, warm, loving and Torah-centered people.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:11 pm
Chofetz Chaim is quite Kiruv centered so my experience is that they’re more accepted of BTs than other black hat communities. They’re also more open to things like becoming a professional (like a doctor or a CPA ) than you’d find in a typical Lakewood or monsey crowd.
The school will be mixed but that’s probably the case in any OoT school.

In my experience chofetz Chaim focuses a lot more on mussar and daas Torah. You might (probably will) be strongly encouraged to keep your boys in the chofetz Chaim system.

I was in Chofetz Chaim community before I got married. Married a wonderful guy who is not Chotez Chaim and am happy, but there are definitely aspects that I miss.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating