Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Just had 2 clients say they what to use me and don’t respond

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:36 pm
I do freelance bookkeeping
I spoke to these 2 potential clients, each for about half hour. Told them my price, what I do, my experience etc and they agreed to my rate etc.
Now they both don’t return calls or text regarding moving forward, when to meet, setup systems...
It’s so frustrating and not yashrus!!

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:40 pm
What’s not yashrus? You can call someone to discuss and then decide if you want to use them or not. How long has it been since you reached out? Maybe they didn’t decide yet, maybe they are sick or maybe something else.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:41 pm
Very very frustrating. They may just be shopping for someone that does your service and want to see what their options are. It's part of the fallout of a business I think. Did they lead you on like they were going to sign contract with you? or did you just assume that from the conversation?
Just remember that Hashem is in charge and you just need to do your hishtadlus, the results are not up to you.
Hugs and lots of hatzlocha to get really punctual paying and easy clients, very soon!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:41 pm
Put the ball back into their court.

"It seems that you may have decided to use someone else going forward. Thank you for considering my services, and wishing you much success!"

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:48 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Put the ball back into their court.

"It seems that you may have decided to use someone else going forward. Thank you for considering my services, and wishing you much success!"

No thats desperate and pushy and I wouldnt want to use someone like that.
Im not sure why you even reached out more than once after your meeting, clearly they arent interested

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:57 pm
They had me get a copy of their current quickbooks, I spent a good half hour talking to them, looked thru the books, and then they said they will be in touch....so that usually means they’re interested

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They had me get a copy of their current quickbooks, I spent a good half hour talking to them, looked thru the books, and then they said they will be in touch....so that usually means they’re interested

It actually doesn't mean that. It means they will be in touch if they are interested. It's best not to invest time until you have a contract/ payment from a client. I think this was just you and them being on different pages. They probably thought it was standard to give that time.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:03 pm
Some businesses are like this. You meet and pitch your services. Sometimes they become clients. Other times not. This is normal. I get that it's frustrating, but please understand this is the nature of business.

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:05 pm
I work in a different industry and from my experience "we'll be in touch" is usually a diplomatic way to end the conversation without committing.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It is frustrating. I have clients reach out and talk for an hour about all the services they want from me. I give them all my time and attention and then they change their mind and never get back to me . I super annoying but that’s just life.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:15 pm
Yes agree. I can give a potential client a half hour of time (although I should be cutting that down and am working on it) and not everyone becomes an actual client. I do find that when I am pleasant and give them the time of the day they often do call back at a later date to proceed but not always and I move on. Sometimes its the price or they just aren't ready yet, but thats the nature of being in business.
I do agree that if they are not using you and you followed up, it would be nice to give some sort of response

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:26 pm
Thank you all for the validation and support!
The most annoying part is that they don’t even answer, like isn’t that basic decency?
Anyway, it is time to move on and I’ll know for next time Smile

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:36 pm
You need to end the conversation with a definite commitment. Don't let them say I'll be in touch. You say: so are you opposed to moving forward with this? (Give them an option where no means yes) you'll have to learn some marketing skills on how to pitch and close a deal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics