Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Life Transforming Diet
Previous  1  2

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:54 am
ProudMommie wrote:
Can someone tell me what this diet entails... I have no koach to read the book even if I find it.. but I would like to have some seder about eating healthy. I try to anyway, but there seems to be more to it.. in terms of combination of foods. TIA

The life-transforming diet is a gradual approach to weight loss. Having the book is really essential in that it guides you through it all step by step. You really can't read through the book. The introductory pages basically explain the whole diet and how the health principles of Ram Bam are applied.
What I really appreciate about this diet is that Ram Bam teaches that changing one's dietary habits must be a gradual process otherwise you will rebel and set yourself up for failure.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:01 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
The life-transforming diet is a gradual approach to weight loss. Having the book is really essential in that it guides you through it all step by step. You really can't read through the book. The introductory pages basically explain the whole diet and how the health principles of Ram Bam are applied.
What I really appreciate about this diet is that Ram Bam teaches that changing one's dietary habits must be a gradual process otherwise you will rebel and set yourself up for failure.

Also, the food combination does not begin until the 4th week of the foundation phase. Not too complex, just choosing between two different types of meals:

1. Carbs + veggies
or
2. Protein + veggies.

When limiting the choice of food groups you will not overstimulate the appetite. Also, there is no calorie counting or limit to how many servings you can eat. ( I really appreciate this principle)

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:16 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
When limiting the choice of food groups you will not overstimulate the appetite. Also, there is no calorie counting or limit to how many servings you can eat. ( I really appreciate this principle)

Limiting the choice of food groups is also to digest properly. Proteins and Carbs each digest best on their own, even different types of proteins are best on their own (each with veggies).

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:28 am
So happy to make it to day 3! Today I will be cooking vegetable soup for my HWC meal . Yesterday, I ran and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. For week two of the foundation phase you begin to incorporate exercise so I figured why not try a little earlier…

Also, I noticed that my eating is still somewhat unstructured in the evenings. I tend to snack a lot instead of sitting and eating a proper dinner. Probably because it’s a busy time of the day for the family. I think I might move my HWC meal to dinner today and see how that works.

happytobemom

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 12:27 am
Hi Pear!
Still around?
How did the diet go for you?
I kinda fizzled out, but thinking of restarting after yom tov (y'know how it goes - any good diet starts ASAP - after Sukkos after Pesach!).

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 4:32 am
I haven't read thru this thread, just wanted to say that I used this diet after my oldest was born and it was AMAZING. I lost weight, looked amazing and no, I was not hungry. It was fantastic, then I got pregnant again and with all my cravings I had to drop the diet. But I do it after every pregnancy.

happytobemom

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 12:47 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
I haven't read thru this thread, just wanted to say that I used this diet after my oldest was born and it was AMAZING. I lost weight, looked amazing and no, I was not hungry. It was fantastic, then I got pregnant again and with all my cravings I had to drop the diet. But I do it after every pregnancy.

When you restart it each time, at what stage do you start? Do you begin with phase one and continue as scheduled every time?

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 3:24 am
I start right from the beginning. Generally I don't even need to do all the stages before I've lost enough weight Very Happy

AG

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:58 am
If you don't want to read the book, he also gives it over in a webinar series: https://jewishworkshops.com/jw.....diet/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise