Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:43 pm
Does anyone know the areas in Florida that have heimishe communities? And what are the school options for young boys and girls? Also if you have any information about shuls, kosher groceries, and job opportunities?

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:14 pm
bump

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:20 pm
There are so many of us. Maybe we should look into something together.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:22 pm
What do you mean by heimishe communities--can you clarify?

It's a big mix over all. Lots of Chabad of course, lots of MO, some JPF as well as yeshivish people. Lots of Sephardim. Lots and lots of Jews from Latin countries! Not sure about chassidish specifically--I know there is that start up in Tampa but it sounds pretty small so far.

The schools are pretty typical for oot--pretty diverse student populations though some schools may be a bit more to the right or left, religiously.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:23 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
What do you mean by heimishe communities--can you clarify?

It's a big mix over all. Lots of Chabad of course, lots of MO, some JPF as well as yeshivish people. Not sure about chassidish specifically--I know there is that start up in Tampa but it sounds pretty small so far.

The schools are pretty typical for oot--pretty diverse student populations though some schools may be a bit more to the right or left, religiously.

By heimish I mean not yeshivish, more chasidish leaning but not chasidish like Tampa. Boro Park, Flatbush, Monsey, Lakewood...

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
By heimish I mean not yeshivish, more chasidish leaning but not chasidish like Tampa. Boro Park, Flatbush, Monsey, Lakewood...

I don't think there are any schools like that here.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm not from Florida, but what you're looking for doesn't really exist outside of places like, well Boro Park, Flatbush, Monsey and Lakewood.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:36 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
I'm not from Florida, but what you're looking for doesn't really exist outside of places like, well Boro Park, Flatbush, Monsey and Lakewood.

That's probably true. There probably are a few people like that here and there, but they've adapted themselves to the shuls and schools as they are. But, they came to FL because they were looking for something different.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:00 pm
Your best bet is probably North Miami Beach, although I should warn you that finding housing would be your biggest challenge right now. Housing has gone through the roof over here. You're not going to find Boro Park, Lakewood, or Monsey here. If you do move here please come with an open mind. While NMB is known to be the frummest area, there is still a huge mix of all types of people, and all these different types of people may send to the same schools you may be considering. This concept alone is very foreign in Boro Park, Monsey, and Lakewood.

I know a few chassidish/heimish families that send their kids to Yeshiva Elementary School. Toras Emes is also an option.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:04 pm
I'm also looking for Heimishe style, but Miami is so expensive.
I have no issue moving next to Chabad or Yeshivish or JPF, my block in Monsey is just like that now and it's great. What are cheaper options than Miami, NMB, Hollywood etc.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I have no issue moving next to Chabad or Yeshivish or JPF, my block in Monsey is just like that now and it's great. What are cheaper options than Miami, NMB, Hollywood etc.

Cheaper options are not going to have heimish style anything. Coral Springs is very up and coming, mostly chabad but plenty of other people are moving there because it's cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:34 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

Same here, I should have clarified. I'm not looking for a community like the ones I listed. I'm just looking for one where someone like me wouldn't be the odd one out.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Cheaper options are not going to have heimish style anything. Coral Springs is very up and coming, mostly chabad but plenty of other people are moving there because it's cheaper.

I live in Coral Springs and it's almost exclusively Chabad with every level and a real mix of backgrounds. There are very very few non Chabad families that have integrated into the community, since it's Chabad, there is a real mixture of non frum, balei teshuvos, geirim, modern Chabad and very frum Chabad.

Schools within half hour drive are Lubavitch Hebrew Academy, Torah Academy, Hillel, BMA and some other schools in Hollywood.
Definitely not a heimish crowd at all.
NMB or Tampa and rumors a new community in Orlando are the closest to Heimish in Florida.

Prices have gone up everywhere.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:44 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
I live in Coral Springs and it's almost exclusively Chabad with every level and a real mix of backgrounds. There are very very few non Chabad families that have integrated into the community, since it's Chabad, there is a real mixture of non frum, balei teshuvos, geirim, modern Chabad and very frum Chabad.

Schools within half hour drive are Lubavitch Hebrew Academy, Torah Academy, Hillel, BMA and some other schools in Hollywood.
Definitely not a heimish crowd at all.
NMB or Tampa and rumors a new community in Orlando are the closest to Heimish in Florida.

Prices have gone up everywhere.

Thanks for clarifying - I didn't realize it's still so heavily chabad. I heard of a few people moving there because it's cheaper than Hollywood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating