Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bed time for 2 1/2 year old? bed or crib for 2 1/2 yr. old?

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 8:14 pm
What time does your 2 1/2 yr. old go to sleep? Does he take a nap?
My twins take a 2 hour nap still. But one falls asleep at 6 p.m for the night and wakes up at 6:30 a.m but the other twin takes a 2 hour nap and is still talking in his crib at 8:30 p.m and wakes up at 6:30 also!

Please let me know what your toddler's sleeping schedules are like.

And when do they start sleeping in a 'big kid bed'. My daughter wants to but I am worried that she'll just walk out of her room every 5 minutes and never sleep!

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 9:51 pm
hm hard call cause each kid is different ... even twins I guess ...

with a nap I wouldn't put them in bed so early ... and she is telling you this by her babbling for 2 hours ...

as for a bed 2 was my cutoff to switch to a real bed - they gotta learn some time ...

do they share the same room ? while one babbles and the other sleeps ... that would be another reason to put them both in bed later ...

Lovemylife

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 9:51 pm
Wow! if your 2.5 yr old takes a two hour nap and goes to bed at 6:30 then you are one lucky mom.

My daughter 2.6 used to nap 1-1 1/2 every day and go to sleep at 7. The past month she's been jumping into her younger brother's crib (she's in a big girls bed) and laughing until 9 - 10 pm.

So last week I stopped putting her down for a nap, and now she's cranky and difficult and not any easier to put to sleep at night.

consider yourself blessed.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:13 pm
My son is 2 1/2. doesnt nap anymore. bedtime is at 8, waks up in the morning at 8.

he's still in a crib; we wotn buy him a big boy bed until we need hsi crib for another baby BE"H.

Bzgirl

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:18 pm
my 2.9 month old naps like from 3-5 pm it's crazy timing, but after playgroup, she's zonked.
We put her in after her bath like 8ish but she doesnt fall asleep till 9ish
usually wakes up by 8. but there's no noise, or other kids to wake her, so that may be a factor why one of your twins wakes up so early, even if he went to sleep later.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 1:02 am
My almost 3yo sleeps 6pm - 6sm (although she's going in a bit later since teh clocks switched). She sleeps in over Ikea expandable bed. She hasn't been in a crib for about a year. Her big sisters didn't sleep in cribs, so she didn't either @@

drumjj

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 3:16 am
my three year old has no nap goes to bed six thirty- seven ish and sleeps till about six thirty- seven. she is still in her crib as u ppl call it. she loves it and I have no reason to move her out of it because I dont need it at the moment so im going to leave her in there for as long asi can. she is also a pretty smallish three year old so she has lots of space in there

imokay

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 3:59 pm
each kid is so dif. but if your kid is happy babbling to himself, there's nothing wrong with putting him in there early with his sibling so that u can keep them both on the same schedule.
I find that 2-3 y.o kids, when they stop napping, and they r tired from school theyre ready for bed ab apx. 6:30.
as far as cribs go, again, e/o is dif. but if your child is asking for it then go for it. see how it goes and make firm rules for getting out of bed...
just dont dismantle the crib just yet in case she's really not ready.

ny_ima

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 9:51 pm
my ds NEVER seriously napped. even as newbie it was a disaster. we had to walk with him, drive with him, swing him... only to find him wide awake when we he was back in bed! (and CRYING/KVETCHING unless held)

at 2.5 his bed time was 11:00 pm - 2:00 am whether he zonked out for 5 minutes or not! he's a nite owl (like his parents)

school age was difficult. his morah begged us to bring him on time to daven... since he got up late, he was in nursery after 10:00
well, I did wake him on time, took him to school, and when I picked him up the morah BEGGED me NOT to wake him! and just let him live on his own schedule and come as late as he needs cuz he was major kvetch!

today in K. he still goes to bed around 10:00 pm (9:00 is a miracle that happens every once in awhile) and he's out of the house by 9:00 am

you have it made OP! B"H they r napping AND going to bed at a normal hour. (trust me we've tried everything ! to get him on 'normal schedule')

ceetee

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 9:28 pm
she naps 1:00 -3:00
I put her into bed for the night at about 8:00 / 8:30 she doesnt fall asleep till abt 9:00
im thinking of cutting out her after noon nap
but the days that she misses her nap she's a grouch

supermommy

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 9:39 pm
ds is almost 3. Sometimes he naps sometimes he doesn't. Bedtime is at 7 nap or not. if he does nap I don't let him sleep longer than 2 pm unless he is sick or something. And he wakes up 6ish every morning even if he fell asleep late the night before since dd(4.5) is up at that time without fail. He sleeps in a big boy bed since 2.5 because at 6 am I am too tired to listen to him scream for me to take him out of bed. I also used to worry about him wandering out of bed but I made it a strict rule to stay in bed after shema and B''H he usually keeps to it even though he is the contrary type of kid.

Mommastuff

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 9:46 pm
Wow! I didn't know that most 2.5 yr olds slept so much! Mine sleeps from 8pm to 6:30 am! And she takes a 1 hr to 1.5 hr nap, but she's starting to skip it sometimes.

I had to change to a bed recently cuz she kept climbing out over the top. She stays there till she starts knocking on the door in the morning. No need for an alarm clock!

triplea

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 9:48 pm
My son is almost three. B"H he still takes about a 2 hour nap. He still sleeps in his crib. I think once he starts learning to get out we'll move him to a "big boy" bed.
Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics