Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Intuitive Eating, Help me help myself please!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:20 pm
I'm fed up with all this binging and eating but I AM SO SO SO SICK OF DIETING! Crying Banging head
I had my 2nd a few months ago and since then I'm on a roll just binging away.
I've been dieting since I was way too young and I think I'm done with that field, somebody mentioned something to me about intuitive eating and I want to know if this might be something for me.
Can you share some more info on this?
I really can only do this with somebody holding my hands, books won't cut it, do you have anyone you would recommend?

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:28 pm
It is the way to heal from the diet cycle (which is really just socially encouraged disordered eating).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:51 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
It is the way to heal from the diet cycle (which is really just socially encouraged disordered eating).

Thanks for the definition, I know I definitely need healing the question is in what direction to go and who will help me find that place of hope

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:57 pm
I liked it because dietitian told me nice things like you deserve to eat for yourself so why are you wasting it on food that you dont always like things like that
but then I moved and stopped going to her and pop everything went

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:58 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
I liked it because dietitian told me nice things like you deserve to eat for yourself so why are you wasting it on food that you dont always like things like that
but then I moved and stopped going to her and pop everything went

Who did you use? Would you recommend her? Your description doesn't sound so grand actually.
Can you elaborate a bit more?

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:09 pm
I don't know too much abt it, but intuitive eating is basically about getting in touch with your body and eating according to your body's needs, as opposed to just following diet restrictions. It gives you the freedom to eat whatever foods you want, but helps you recognize when you're eating from boredom, or emotional eating etc
I don't know a specific nutritionist that does it, but I'm sure you can find info/books about it online and see if it's something that would work for you.

Gluck! I've also been on and off diets pretty much since my teens and it's not fun Sad

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:07 pm
Contact Miriam Koval: http://wellnessdeliveredbymiriam.com/

She is EXCELLENT and a great shliach to so many.

You can have a free 15-min zoom consult to understand her mentoring and food plan program.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:17 pm
I recommend emotion code for this.. its more of a deeper seated thing stemming from within.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 4:20 pm
Look into Gila Glassberg; she is an intuitive eating nutritionist based in Woodmere, NY (pretty sure she does remote also https://gilaglassberg.com/)

She also has a podcast where she talks about intutive eating/how it fits into a frum lifestyle.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 5:26 pm
Get the intuitive eating workbook much better than the book and really helps you learn the method.
Just be aware that it does not promote weight loss and most people gain significant weight at the beginning.

lauful

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:00 pm
Where are you located and what insurance are you on? Would you pay privately? I'm happy to give you recommendations. You can also email me at mouseanon2016@gmail.com

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 12:34 pm
lauful wrote:
Where are you located and what insurance are you on? Would you pay privately? I'm happy to give you recommendations. You can also email me at mouseanon2016@gmail.com

I'm located in Brooklyn and have United Healthcare, I have no problem paying privately for something like this but will definitely take recommendations.

lauful

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 1:01 pm
If you can pay privately, I highly recommend Rachel Goodman... Are you specifically looking for someone Jewish?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:23 pm
If you want a 500 page e book on intuitive eating and health at any size, you can download here:

https://www.redefiningwellness.co/

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:32 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Get the intuitive eating workbook much better than the book and really helps you learn the method.
Just be aware that it does not promote weight loss and most people gain significant weight at the beginning.

This is only true if you've been on restrictive diets. I wasn't and actually have been losing very very slowly or maintaining since I started.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:51 pm
Rena Reiser
She does one on one.
You can also listen to her podcasts to get a sense.

Also Gila Glasberg and Rache Goodman has podcasts so you can get a sense.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:57 pm
Gila Glassberg is amazing. She takes insurance and does remote/phone sessions.
You can also look into Rachel Goodman she had an online self paced course.

You can also start by reading the book intuitive eating.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 1:23 am
Rena reiser’s course was fantastic. I have all the books etc but her course made it accessible!

Dena Cohen of eatwellsoon in Lakewood is a great intuitive eating Registred Dietician who has helped me with a session or two here and there fine-tuning the method.

This approach changed my life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise