Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What increases your chance of getting a Toms River house?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 2:34 pm
Besides the "bidding" what increases your chance of getting a Toms River house, thats on the market?

Do some realtors have more connections than others?

Do the non Jewish sellers prefer working with their realtors?

Or, are the frum realtors more aggressive, and get people the houses easier?

How do you find out who is the most active realtor for a specific property?

Whats the secret besides bidding?

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 2:37 pm
Word of mouth. I know many houses that never hit the official market. Tell people in the neighborhood that you want that you are seriously looking, and have them let you know the second they hear someone wants to sell.

amother
Birch

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 2:52 pm
Daven

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:03 pm
I know years ago in Lakewood when there were many non Jewish owned houses in certain areas of Lakewood there were frum realtors who befriended sellers and developed relationships with them and she got the exclusives. The sellers refused to deal with anyone else. That may be the case in Toms River now.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know years ago in Lakewood when there were many non Jewish owned houses in certain areas of Lakewood there were frum realtors who befriended sellers and developed relationships with them and she got the exclusives. The sellers refused to deal with anyone else. That may be the case in Toms River now.

It's not in the neighborhoods I know... which neighborhoods are you looking at?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Nah I don’t think so. Lakewood many years ago was a LOT smaller than Toms River is today. Best is speak to friends in the area they will know faster what’s coming up. If u don’t need a mortgage it’s also a push so the sellers don’t have to wait for your approval.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:08 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
If u don’t need a mortgage it’s also a push so the sellers don’t have to wait for your approval.

How many buyers dont need a mortgage for houses that are close to a million?

Anyhow, people get "pre-approved".

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:25 pm
Offer 100k over asking
cash
As is

And then daven.

Good luck

Sarah S

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:29 pm
Like anywhere else, you need to prepared. Most sellers would rather sell to someone with a 25% down and pre-approval for a mortgage than someone who offers a higher price but 5% down and hopefully will get approved.
Also u don't have time to think, put in the offer the 2nd you hear about the house...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries