Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Do Brooklyn realtors who pair landlords and tenants, charge

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:15 pm
There are realtors who find out about apartments and put them on their Whatsapp status and people who are looking to rent, look at the realtors status.

Do the realtors charge the potential tenants to see what apartments on their statuses?

I know if people rent an apartment through these realtors, realtors get a months rent. So tenant pays realtor one month rent, and landlord gets one month rent and one month security.

Besides that, tenants pay to see the Whatsapp status?

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:17 pm
No usually only the person who rents it pays the broker fee.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:20 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
No usually only the person who rents it pays the broker fee.

I understand that brokers fee is one months rent.

But Im wondering if people looking to rent, pay to see apartments on realtors Whatsapp statuses even before they rent.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I understand that brokers fee is one months rent.

But Im wondering if people looking to rent, pay to see apartments on realtors Whatsapp statuses even before they rent.

No, I believe anyone can see it.
The most people that see it, the more likely they’ll get someone to go ahead with it and that’s how they make their money.

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:36 pm
The realtors only get paid when a lease is signed.

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:39 pm
Tenants paying brokers was outlawed for a while, and only landlord's paid brokers. But that reverted back recently.
https://gothamist.com/news/bro.....d-now
But even with tenants paying again, they only pay when they sign and finalize a deal.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:45 pm
How do you get to see these realtors Whatsapp statuses?

I thought maybe you have to pay.

Any reason these realtors wouldnt want landlords looking at the other apartments available to see how their deal stacks up, if they ask the realtor?

Ive been asking and hes not responding, even though hed love to rent my apartment.

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 1:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you get to see these realtors Whatsapp statuses?

I thought maybe you have to pay.

Any reason these realtors wouldnt want landlords looking at the other apartments available to see how their deal stacks up, if they ask the realtor?

Ive been asking and hes not responding, even though hed love to rent my apartment.

The realtors are trying to rent these properties to make money. They write up the listings in a nice way so thatnthey appeal to clients Why would they want you to use their listings to kake a competing listing that they won't make any money on? If you want to hire a realtor to help you rent your rental, then do that. It's not fair to just mooch off of them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 1:12 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
The realtors are trying to rent these properties to make money. They write up the listings in a nice way so thatnthey appeal to clients Why would they want you to use their listings to kake a competing listing that they won't make any money on? If you want to hire a realtor to help you rent your rental, then do that. It's not fair to just mooch off of them.

The only apartment Im looking to rent is the ONE I have available through him.

What problem would I cause him by seeing his other apartments?

Why would anyone suspect that I want to cheat him and benefit from his other listings somehow, other than seeing what others want for their apartments that theyre looking to rent?

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 1:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The only apartment Im looking to rent is the ONE I have available through him.

What problem would I cause him by seeing his other apartments?

Why would anyone suspect that I want to cheat him and benefit from his other listings somehow, other than seeing what others want for their apartments that theyre looking to rent?

I apologize. This thread was all over thenplace. First it sounded like your were looking for a rental, then it sounded like you were trying to view the lists of realtors in general.

If you are already working with this realtor, wouldn't they help you with your listing to make it competitive? Why do you need to see thier other listings to believe that? Maybe I'm still not understanding. If you are already working with this realtor, why not have this conversation with them and see if you can see their listings?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries