Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
DH doesn't think I should get tested if I have symptoms
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:37 am
DrMom wrote:
In Israel, anybody under 60 and without some sort of high risk health situation is supposed to have a rapid test instead of PCR when exposed to someone with corona.

There's an infographic flow chart here (it won't let me include the image):
https://www.gov.il/he/departme.....22-01

Just came back from testing and no one cared. They let anyone get a PCR test by our Kupat cholim

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:38 am
Only reason I'd test is to get a Tav Yarok for longer.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:08 am
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
Just came back from testing and no one cared. They let anyone get a PCR test by our Kupat cholim

Right -- they instituted the change when the PCR test stations were overflowing. Now that the pressure is off (because many people are opting for the rapid test option), they won't turn anybody away.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:10 am
DrMom wrote:
Right -- they instituted the change when the PCR test stations were overflowing. Now that the pressure is off (because many people are opting for the rapid test option), they won't turn anybody away.

And the antigen tests aren't as accurate and then people just wait on 3 hour lines for them...

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:45 am
LovesHashem wrote:
And the antigen tests aren't as accurate and then people just wait on 3 hour lines for them...

If you are vaxed you can home test.

Also, even if you wait for 3 hrs, you get the result right away. I guess you have to decide what's more important: overall turnaround time or time wasted standing in line.

I think the lines are shorter than 3 hrs these days though.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:05 am
DrMom wrote:
If you are vaxed you can home test.

Also, even if you wait for 3 hrs, you get the result right away. I guess you have to decide what's more important: overall turnaround time or time wasted standing in line.

I think the lines are shorter than 3 hrs these days though.

Its all one big joke.
Are vaxxed people more trustworthy than the unvaxxed? This is kindergarten, the vaxxed can self test the unvaxxed need supervision Banging head
What about a fully vaxxed parent with a non vaxxed child. For himself he can self test but the child must go get a supervised test LOL
Forget it, the rules are garbage by now. Its pointless to play by them

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:08 am
About adults not getting strep often I get it many times . Dh got it couple of times and so did my teenage kids .

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:40 am
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
Its all one big joke.
Are vaxxed people more trustworthy than the unvaxxed? This is kindergarten, the vaxxed can self test the unvaxxed need supervision Banging head
What about a fully vaxxed parent with a non vaxxed child. For himself he can self test but the child must go get a supervised test LOL
Forget it, the rules are garbage by now. Its pointless to play by them

And yet people follow them blindly. It's hilarious? Desperately sad?

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:42 am
heidi wrote:
Now that Israel has backed off the official tests for most of the population I agree with your husband. If people are sick they should stay home. Why would I subject myself to 10 days in isolation when most of the world is fine with 5?

Why only now that "Israel has backed off the official tests for most of the population" do you feel this way?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:46 am
Dh wasn't feeling well and his doctor discouraged testing for covid, saying "do you have nothing better to do for the next ten days?" Gave him a z pack (azithromycin) and said it would help for covid or flu. (It cured whatever it was)

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:54 am
I've never tested myself for covid, aside from when I was required to for Labor + Delivery. I've never had any of my kids tested for covid. Nor my husband.

If you're sick, stay home. Don't expose others your virus, whether that's covid, the flu, or otherwise. That's just common sense. Basic mentchlichkeit. I learned this in kindergarten. I don't need my gvmt to tell me this basic principle.

If you feel that you would benefit from early treatment, gezunterheit, get tested and get the medication you need. Go for it. That's your prerogative.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:05 am
gold21 wrote:
I've never tested myself for covid, aside from when I was required to for Labor + Delivery. I've never had any of my kids tested for covid. Nor my husband.

If you're sick, stay home. Don't expose others your virus, whether that's covid, the flu, or otherwise. That's just common sense. Basic mentchlichkeit. I learned this in kindergarten. I don't need my gvmt to tell me this basic principle.

If you feel that you would benefit from early treatment, gezunterheit, get tested and get the medication you need. Go for it. That's your prerogative.

I’m just curious did you stay home for ten days? Yes I stay home when I’m
Sick but I wouldn’t stay home for ten days usually. Also do you not feel
That your husband and kids can make others sick if one family member has corona?

Happens to be at this point I agree with you and wouldn’t run to test. But a year to year and half ago I for sure tested

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:47 am
We test for sick plus known exposure. We tested recently because this kid actually lost some taste; despite it not being a known symptom of Omicron, it's not a symptom of anything else that I know of.

The main issue with Omicron is that for many people, you're not "sick"- you have a cold. And if you stayed home for even 5 days for any cold you have, especially if you keep everyvkid home each time they have a cold or a scratchy throat, you will never go to work and they will miss half the winter. So we send and test with an exposure. And vaccinate anyone possible, even if we don't really think they need it, so they don't need to stay home if a family member tests positive. (Plus, so they can go to Israel.)

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:49 am
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
That your husband and kids can make others sick if one family member has corona?

Happens to be at this point I agree with you and wouldn’t run to test. But a year to year and half ago I for sure tested

Do you know that 2 days before Covid comes out your contagious so by then you exposed lots of people.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:50 am

Now quarantine went down to 5 days cause they needed people to go to work nothing with science didn’t make sense then doesn’t make sense now.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:51 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Do you know that 2 days before Covid comes out your contagious so by then you exposed lots of people.

Ok you are right but then why stay home whenever you are sick? Any sickness is the same way. Once you know you are sick it’s basic middos to stay away from
Others

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:55 am
Ok you are right but then why stay home whenever you are sick? Any sickness is the same way. Once you know you are sick it’s basic middos to stay away from
Others

Cause when you are sick you know it fever or coughing you don’t on purpose spread the germs. But zero need to test etc. unless you actually need a doc for strep, pneumonia etc

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Now quarantine went down to 5 days cause they needed people to go to work nothing with science didn’t make sense then doesn’t make sense now.

You are right and that’s why I say in my response to gold that I totally changed my opinion by now. My comment to her was directed to the first year of covid.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been feeling sick all day. Not sure if it's covid or flu or both. Dh thinks there is no point in getting tested and just stay home for as long as I feel sick. If it's flu then I can be treated and whatever it is I will know how to proceed. Yet I also have no patience waiting by an urgent care for 2 hours. Advice?

So test for flu and strep.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 9:01 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
So text for flu and strep.

Only if needed and where I live docs barely give tami flu so guess what you don’t need a stamp saying I had flu so stay home.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics