Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much did you pay for your dining room set?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 6:58 pm
I bought my table and 8 chairs from Wayfair on sale, around 2k. It's not top quality but it seems pretty good.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:01 pm
lasagna wrote:
Facebook marketplace beautiful set made by Ashley furniture. 6 chairs a table and breakfront for $150/200

When you buy off facebook or craigslist, who do you get to move it for you?

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
There are people who are giving away or selling for cheap furniture all the time. Sometimes it’s really old stuff or not in good condition but sometimes you find a winner. We purchased second hand from a couple that was moving overseas. We paid 2k for a beautiful set in brand new condition that came with the a table, 8 chairs, buffet, two narrow china closet type of things that go on either side of the buffet (not sure what this is called). This type of set costs 15k minimum brand new It’s dark wood and may not be the exact style that people want but hey it was worth it for me

Who did you get to move it? Where did you find the furniture?

simcha2

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
When you buy off facebook or craigslist, who do you get to move it for you?

We used a moving company.

Scotty

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 7:34 pm
$150. Craigslist. Used 8 foot solid wood with matching chairs.

We’re ready for a new one now BH - can’t wait to see what we can find this time it’s always a lot of fun!!!

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:09 pm
simcha2 wrote:
We used a moving company.

Can you tell me which one?

Fox

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:17 pm
My table is actually a conference table I got from a used office furniture store. I think I paid about $100 for it in 1993. I normally keep a tablecloth on these days, but when my kids were young, it was the best. They literally couldn't damage it.

My chairs are from a hotel liquidation company, and I highly recommend these companies. I think my chairs were $25 each, and I bought 10. They're fully upholstered and have skirts -- they look expensive. But since they were made for hotel use, they're a lot tougher than the stuff typically sold for residences.

It's a real problem: the Jewish stores have beautiful, durable dining room sets, but they're expensive. Furniture made for the general market isn't designed for the kind of use a frum family will give it. Very few non-Jews do as many formal sit-down meals as a frum family.

So I'm always looking for options. My DDs also had good luck with Craigslist, but one is ready to replace the chairs.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:18 pm
Who did you get to move it? Where did you find the furniture?
we hired a moving guy who charged a few hundred dollars because it was a two hour drive away. It was worth it for what we got. Found it on someone’s WhatsApp status but I think there’s Instagram and other groups on WhatsApp or other social media where people list

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:19 am
I , too, am looking for dining set. Has anyone purchased from " Unique" in New Jersey?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:20 am
https://www.ethanallen.com/en_......html

Paid about 2k for this. When extended it can seat 14 on narrow chairs.

simcha2

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:40 am
Can you tell me which one?

Where do you live? I used one local to me.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 6:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We could really use a new one and I'm shocked at the prices. I wanted an upper end set and didn't realize the prices were so insane. Each chair $500+???

Do you like this?
https://www.costco.com/curtis-......html

Costco $229 for set of 2

Of course Costco comes with a lifetime guarantee so you can get your money back if it breaks or whatever

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 8:06 pm
Hi, I have an Italian dining room set that was purchased in sterns in boro park . It’s in perfect condition . Would you want to see pictures ? It’s a table with leaves , 8 chairs , buffet , and two curious .
I live in tom’s River

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:07 pm
Last year I bought a 12 foot table that is really nice and 10 chairs for a total of $3050 from a store in Lakewood. I know there is a shortage of everything these days so I’m sure it’s either out of stock or more expensive now.
The chairs are definitely not top quality but they are so nice and easy to clean. It gives the room a rich and updated look. My kids are young and not neat so I didn’t want to spend a lot. It definitely looks like I spent double the amount. I’m very happy with my purchase.
Before that I had a second hand table that was probably 50 years old with second hand chairs that were once beautiful but were not in good condition anymore (which is why I was looking for something new).

amother
White

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:12 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
Hi, I have an Italian dining room set that was purchased in sterns in boro park . It’s in perfect condition . Would you want to see pictures ? It’s a table with leaves , 8 chairs , buffet , and two curious .
I live in tom’s River

Are you looking to sell the set or are you giving a name of a place to shop at? If the former, I may be interested.

twogees

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 10:29 pm
We paid $75 for a used table, 2 leaves and 4 chairs 7.5 years ago. We could replace it now but we are waiting to buy a house so we can see what size table to get.

goodgirl

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:41 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I live in tom’s River

I would

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:43 am
Jewish stores have sales of $250 a chair but few options.
Otherwise, typical prices for chairs are $500-$1,500.
Typical set is $9,000-$16,000.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:49 am
I have solid wood chairs I bought 20 yrs ago.
They need be reupholstered. It’s very expensive. And I works do it myself. I even tried. But the way these are done are very complicated.

I looked into getting new chairs and I’m not so excited with what I see at most price ranges.

Not very comfortable - we like to sit a long time at table
Not steady - shake/rock
Fabric not great

I don’t want to go ahead bec I don’t feel like you get the same feeling sitting in them.

I’m confused about what to do.

I find most used chairs need the fabric snd cushions redone. And it’s almost impossible to find 10 chairs.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Last year I bought a 12 foot table that is really nice and 10 chairs for a total of $3050 from a store in Lakewood. I know there is a shortage of everything these days so I’m sure it’s either out of stock or more expensive now.
The chairs are definitely not top quality but they are so nice and easy to clean. It gives the room a rich and updated look. My kids are young and not neat so I didn’t want to spend a lot. It definitely looks like I spent double the amount. I’m very happy with my purchase.
Before that I had a second hand table that was probably 50 years old with second hand chairs that were once beautiful but were not in good condition anymore (which is why I was looking for something new).

which store?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics