Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Banana cake without so much sugar

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:11 am
Anyone have a banana cake thay doesn't call for so much sugar

Would really love a chocolate banana cake just thinking that might not be an option without all the sugar!
Thanks everyone!

torquoise

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 11:04 am
The Bais Yaakov cookbook 2 has a healthy banana muffin recipe that you can also make in a loaf shape.
It has I think 1/3 cup of sugar, and no oil. I can get the recipe later if you'd like. Pm me

zaq

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:25 pm
Across the board, lechatchila, you can reduce the quantity of sugar in baked goods by a third without adversely affecting taste. Beyond that, try further reducing sugar each time you use the recipe. Stop when you reach the point at which the product no longer satisfies you and continue following the recipe adding the volume of sugar you used the last time the result was acceptable to you.

The riper the bananas, the less sugar you need because the starch in the fruit turns to sugar as it ripens. Overripe bananas are the best in baked goods because they are the sweetest and allow you to reduce the added sugar by a great deal.

I use a little less than half the sugar my banana bread recipe calls for. It's still sweet, but not cloying.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:31 pm
I always halve the amount of sugar a recipe calls for. Exception is recipes with cocoa I'll put a bit more than half

torquoise

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:48 pm

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:15 pm
I just made banana breakfast cookies/muffin tops that are grain free and refined sugar free. Let me know if you want the recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics