Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Favorite formula?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:35 pm
I'm expecting my first baby and am hopefully planning to breastfeed. However, I'd like to have a container of formula on hand just in case I run into any problems/issues/delays with breastfeeding. What is your favorite/preferred brand of formula, and also why?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:42 pm
We used whatever was on sale for the first bag and Kirkland almost exclusively for the 2nd

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:44 pm
If you're planning on breastfeeding, I would recommend just doing that. Colostrum is enough for baby at the beginning, and the biggest thing about breastfeeding is just doing it. Best of luck ❤️

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:50 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
If you're planning on breastfeeding, I would recommend just doing that. Colostrum is enough for baby at the beginning, and the biggest thing about breastfeeding is just doing it. Best of luck ❤️

Appreciate the thought but this is not really helpful in answering my question. I am looking for a backup/just in case. Life doesn't always work out the way we want. If I purchase a container of formula that I don't end up using, I plan to happily donate it.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:55 pm
I would start with something basic like similac advance. I started with this and changed as needed for my babies who had more stomach sensitivities. And for those that were ok on any of them, I got Kirkland or target up and up because they were cheaper. But I only formula feed so I care a lot about price. If you just need a backup, one container of Similac won't break the bank.

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:07 pm
If you're just using it as a backup once in a while, get the tiny 2 oz bottles at first cuz a tub or big bottle will go bad before you use it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics