Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Gilmore Girls fans

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:40 pm
Love this show and watched too many times to count.

Anyone else?

Here are some conversation pieces.

What do you think of the relationship between Loralei and Rory? (I love that the boundaries are loose and I get that a lot of it is that Rory is naturally a good kid but was thinking that perhaps she became a little codependent and therefore attracted to ppl she needed to fix/save it ppl who were below her including Paris)

Do you feel for Emily getting shut out of Loralei's life over and over again? (I do. Over time more)

The older I get the less I think it makes sense that a 16/17 year old can make it alone with a child.

For someone who didn't have so much money they sure eat out a lot.

I have more but will start with these. Add your own.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:47 pm
About Emily: she seems quite difficult I don’t blame Lorelei for shutting her out

Also Paris is just an amazing character

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:49 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
About Emily: she seems quite difficult I don’t blame Lorelei for shutting her out

You don't feel bad for her at all?! Yes Paris is great! You can't help but fall in love with her crazy! I read that they made the part for her after she tried out for Rory's part.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You don't feel bad for her at all?! Yes Paris is great! You can't get but fall in love with her crazy!

Yes, I feel for her but get where Lorelei is coming from.

jj1236

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:52 pm
I've watched the show sooo many times but not recently. As I got older I really couldn't stand Rory. I hated how they played out her life in AYITL. She works so hard only to live back at home and have an affair with Logan? Who by the way, she should have ended up with. Her whole life she is praised and praised so it's not a shock that the one time she is given the cold hard truth (Logan's father), she freaks out and changes her whole life. Anyway, clearly, I care too much about this lol but it has bothered me. I do love watching it though for the banter and cozy feelings.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Love this show and watched too many times to count.

Anyone else?

Here are some conversation pieces.

What do you think of the relationship between Loralei and Rory? (I love that the boundaries are loose and I get that a lot of it is that Rory is naturally a good kid but was thinking that perhaps she became a little codependent and therefore attracted to ppl she needed to fix/save it ppl who were below her including Paris)

Do you feel for Emily getting shut out of Loralei's life over and over again? (I do. Over time more)

The older I get the less I think it makes sense that a 16/17 year old can make it alone with a child.

For someone who didn't have so much money they sure eat out a lot.

I have more but will start with these. Add your own.

She was closer to 18 and Mia from the inn took her in and gave her a job and a home. Lorelei is smart and determined, all 3 women are like that, Rory less so.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:03 pm
One of the best shows ever. Which other show compares?

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:07 pm
Also Jesse was awful to her he literally almost raped her. I liked him the first time I watched but now he’s insufferable.

glamourmom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:30 pm
I loved the show for the quick witted dialogue. not many shows can boast of such a genius script, and to keep it up throughout all the seasons.

I also loved the style of simple and beautiful country life, their food lifestyle, their beauty. LOL.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:30 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:

Agree. Emily was never a sympathetic character to me

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 8:31 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
Agree. Emily was never a sympathetic character to me

I think the actress manages to make her sympathetic even though she is difficult.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 9:28 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I think the actress manages to make her sympathetic even though she is difficult.

Kelly Bishop is a wonderful actress
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics