Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The fast metabolism diet- menu ideas
1  2  3  Next

cool_mama

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:38 pm
anyone have meal ideas for this diet for each phase?

thanks

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 5:37 pm
Bumping this up as I am interested in trying this diet.

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:25 pm
I did this diet strictly for a month, lost 9 lb. Now I’m following it loosely and still losing. I’m 13 lb down total.
Here’s how I’ve been eating lately:
Phase 1 (sun-mon)
B-oatmeal, apple
L-grain bowl (quinoa, sweet potatoes, kale, purple cabbage, chickpeas, and pomegranate seeds is what I had today! Yum! I also put a maple tahini dressing, but that’s a cheat according to FMD bc no fat in phase 1. A burrito bowl is also good for phase 1-brown rice, black beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes sautéed together with chili powder etc and topped with salsa)
D-I make some sort of hearty soup/stew. Chicken butternut squash stew, minestrone soup, mushroom barley soup, with a piece of chicken or something if soup doesn’t have protein.
I eat the same thing both days for simplicity.
Fruit for snacks.
Phase 2 (tues-wed)
B-egg white scramble with mushrooms and onions
L-chicken vegetable stir fry (sautéed in chicken broth instead of oil)
D-meatballs or sausages (jack’s Italian) with sautéed or roasted vegetables, like green beans, broccoli, onions, peppers, etc
Snacks usually deli turkey or boiled egg white with raw veggies
Phase 3 (thurs-fri-Shabbos)
B-chocolate oatmeal with stevia, cashew butter, and coconut (yum!) or avocado toast on sprouted grain bread with one scrambled egg
L-salad with different veggies, tuna or chickpeas, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, avocado or a sprinkle of nuts and seeds
D-falafel, Israeli salad, pickles and techina over a halved broiled eggplant or my favorite curried red lentil sweet potato coconut milk soup (yum!)
Fri night-sprouted grain roll, techina or chumus, chicken soup with veggies, either salmon or chicken (sometimes I make extra roasted veggies, usually not)
Shabbos breakfast-apple, cashew butter, and hard boiled egg
Shabbos day-sprouted grain roll, avocado, salad (usually cabbage salad with lots of almonds and sunflower seeds), meat from the cholent
Shalosh seudos/motzei Shabbos-poke bowl with leftover salmon and brown rice or quinoa with chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, and techina
Snacks on phase 3-apple and cashews or almonds, chumus and baby carrots
Oh I should mention I’m nursing so I can eat extra fruit in phases 2 and 3.
And I drink one cup of coffee with almond milk every day.

It’s the only diet I’ve ever tried that I’ve been able to stick with for more than a month and I don’t feel deprived and counting down to when it’s over. I love how it’s a lot of food, especially if you have more than 20 lb to lose (which I do), the portion sizes are huge!

Let me know if you have any more questions-I love talking about food!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:49 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
I did this diet strictly for a month, lost 9 lb. Now I’m following it loosely and still losing. I’m 13 lb down total.
Here’s how I’ve been eating lately:
Phase 1 (sun-mon)
B-oatmeal, apple
L-grain bowl (quinoa, sweet potatoes, kale, purple cabbage, chickpeas, and pomegranate seeds is what I had today! Yum! I also put a maple tahini dressing, but that’s a cheat according to FMD bc no fat in phase 1. A burrito bowl is also good for phase 1-brown rice, black beans, onions, peppers, tomatoes sautéed together with chili powder etc and topped with salsa)
D-I make some sort of hearty soup/stew. Chicken butternut squash stew, minestrone soup, mushroom barley soup, with a piece of chicken or something if soup doesn’t have protein.
I eat the same thing both days for simplicity.
Fruit for snacks.
Phase 2 (tues-wed)
B-egg white scramble with mushrooms and onions
L-chicken vegetable stir fry (sautéed in chicken broth instead of oil)
D-meatballs or sausages (jack’s Italian) with sautéed or roasted vegetables, like green beans, broccoli, onions, peppers, etc
Snacks usually deli turkey or boiled egg white with raw veggies
Phase 3 (thurs-fri-Shabbos)
B-chocolate oatmeal with stevia, cashew butter, and coconut (yum!) or avocado toast on sprouted grain bread with one scrambled egg
L-salad with different veggies, tuna or chickpeas, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, avocado or a sprinkle of nuts and seeds
D-falafel, Israeli salad, pickles and techina over a halved broiled eggplant or my favorite curried red lentil sweet potato coconut milk soup (yum!)
Fri night-sprouted grain roll, techina or chumus, chicken soup with veggies, either salmon or chicken (sometimes I make extra roasted veggies, usually not)
Shabbos breakfast-apple, cashew butter, and hard boiled egg
Shabbos day-sprouted grain roll, avocado, salad (usually cabbage salad with lots of almonds and sunflower seeds), meat from the cholent
Shalosh seudos/motzei Shabbos-poke bowl with leftover salmon and brown rice or quinoa with chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, and techina
Snacks on phase 3-apple and cashews or almonds, chumus and baby carrots
Oh I should mention I’m nursing so I can eat extra fruit in phases 2 and 3.
And I drink one cup of coffee with almond milk every day.

It’s the only diet I’ve ever tried that I’ve been able to stick with for more than a month and I don’t feel deprived and counting down to when it’s over. I love how it’s a lot of food, especially if you have more than 20 lb to lose (which I do), the portion sizes are huge!

Let me know if you have any more questions-I love talking about food!

Im having a hard time figuring out how much of a each food is a portion!
I saw u mentioned you ate for lunch In one bowl quinoa sweet potatoes and chic peas.

Somehow after reading the book in still finding the food choices in each phase not very clear.

Also when do u get animal protein and when is veg protein?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:22 pm
Bump

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:42 pm
The app is very helpful with portion sizes. Do you have more or less than 20 lb to lose? I could tell you portion sizes.

About the quinoa chickpeas and sweet potatoes - that’s probably too many carbs in one meal. I never read the book, I just follow the app. So I was counting chickpeas as a protein, quinoa as a starch, and sweet potatoes are counted as a vegetable on this diet. But like I said, I’m following it loosely.

The app is what made it doable in the beginning. I highly recommend it!

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:46 pm
You can have animal protein in all the phases, but only the ones that are low in fat on phases one and two-chicken breast, turkey, lean ground beef, egg whites, canned tuna, lox, etc.
Legumes are in phases one and three.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:53 am
The app is very helpful with portion sizes. Do you have more or less than 20 lb to lose? I could tell you portion sizes.

About the quinoa chickpeas and sweet potatoes - that’s probably too many carbs in one meal. I never read the book, I just follow the app. So I was counting chickpeas as a protein, quinoa as a starch, and sweet potatoes are counted as a vegetable on this diet. But like I said, I’m following it loosely.

The app is what made it doable in the beginning. I highly recommend it!

Once I downloaded the app I realized about the sweet pot being a veg etc...
Thanks!

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 8:19 pm
Bumping this up.

Anyone completed it succesfully? I am looking high and low for kosher nitrate free deli meat. Anyone found.?

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 8:23 pm
I haven’t found. I use regular deli, I just try not to have it too often. I don’t think it’ll make or break the diet.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 10:47 pm
thinking of starting this... which phase is smartest for shabbos?

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 7:41 am
Phase 3

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:34 pm
So far, so good.

The only killllleerr is no coffee. I am serisouly not managing. I need my cup of brewed coffee in the morning to be able to concentrate. I literally cannot work without it.
What would happen if I follwed all the other rules, but had one cup of coffee a day?

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:50 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
So far, so good.

The only killllleerr is no coffee. I am serisouly not managing. I need my cup of brewed coffee in the morning to be able to concentrate. I literally cannot work without it.
What would happen if I follwed all the other rules, but had one cup of coffee a day?

I did that and still got good results.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:17 pm
I did that and still got good results.

Thanks.

Were you strict with the phase specific exercises?

Also I see you mentioned something baout Jacks Italian sauseges-what exactly are they, where are they sold, and in what phases are they allowed?

minnie mouse

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:19 pm
I've tried this diet twice. Both times I lost the first 2 phases, and then gained most back phase 3

Gneshe

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:51 pm
Bumping this up.

Anyone completed it succesfully? I am looking high and low for kosher nitrate free deli meat. Anyone found.?

Empire has nitrite-free deli. It's really good.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 8:45 pm
Mintcream, I need chizzuk. I am on day 1 of phase 2 and feeling miserable. No energy, terrible diarrhea (sorry TMI) and can't get down my dinner; its horrible.

Did you feel this way?

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 9:04 pm
Mintcream, I need chizzuk. I am on day 1 of phase 2 and feeling miserable. No energy, terrible diarrhea (sorry TMI) and can't get down my dinner; its horrible.

Did you feel this way?

Could you have an unrelated virus?

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 9:04 pm
I felt the same way. I was so sick by phase two I had to stop the diet.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise