Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 87  88  89 102  103  104  Next

Esty 4

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:41 pm
I could wash my floor twice a day...
tell me about homework

Hedwig

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:48 pm
Homework is necessary if the parents use it correctly to see how their child is doing and remain on top of things and make sure s/hes not falling behind
Tell me about tunafish

Tof Umachol

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:42 am
Hedwig wrote:

Tell me about tunafish

My daughter's favorite lunch is a pita filled with tuna and diced cucumber. I like having tuna in my vegetable salad.

Tell me about a great book you read.

Esty 4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:42 am
twists and ties
tell me about breakfast

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:09 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Wow! That Does sound traumatic. I certainly didn't have that in mind when I asked about long distance travel!

"happytobemom," thanks for your kind words. Smile

I'm curious, what did you have in mind when you asked about long distance traveling?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:12 pm
I made eggs with cheese for breakfast. Also had labnea and Powerade zero grape flavor

Tell me something happy

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:17 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
twists and ties

I'm the type that gobbles down books. Always on the lookout for new or old interesting books that I didn't read yet, which can be quite a difficult feat for me.
You can imagine my excitement when I see here a title that I don't remember reading!
"Twists and Ties," can you tell me who the author is, pls?

I don't want to disrupt this thread any more, if and when u have time cld u kindly PM me re what the book is about? I have a filtered internet so can't do it myself.

TIA Smile

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:31 pm
singleagain wrote:
I made eggs with cheese for breakfast. Also had labnea and Powerade zero grape flavor

Tell me something happy

Eggs with cheese is one of my favorites too. What is labnea and Powerade zero?

Something happy? My sister-in-law married off her 13th child ke'h last night.
I wasn't able to attend but my dh and our children went. B'H it was very lebedig and nice.

Tell me what you do when you have to really focus on work you're doing but your mind keeps on wandering?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:38 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Eggs with cheese is one of my favorites too. What is labnea and Powerade zero?

Labnea . Maybe I'm spelling it wrong.. it's a cheese/ sour cream / yogurt thing... I like the tnuva brand 5%

Powerade zero is an energy drink with zero sugar

That is happy. Thank you

I plug music into my ears to drown out the rest of the world and look only at my work

Tell me another happy news

Esty 4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:48 pm
I didn't go back to bed after sending the kids out! (another small victory in my depression...)

tell me about your job

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:54 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
I didn't go back to bed after sending the kids out! (another small victory in my depression...)

tell me about your job

That is happy news.

I work as a bookkeeper in a kosher supermarket. Mainly I try to make sure that the items are stored properly in the computer so that way it'll ring up when you get to the register.

I also coordinate the weekly sales and some marketing ideas and stuff like that.

I'd also helped out a little bit and other areas of the store, been on the cash register, close the store a couple times, driven to pick up product, received the product, done some ordering, loaded the shelves, I think the only thing I haven't done is open the store yet...

Tell me about your earliest memories

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:00 pm
singleagain wrote:
Labnea . Maybe I'm spelling it wrong.. it's a cheese/ sour cream / yogurt thing... I like the tnuva brand 5%

Powerade zero is an energy drink with zero sugar

That is happy. Thank you

I plug music into my ears to drown out the rest of the world and look only at my work

Tell me another happy news

Thank you for explaining.

Re Energy drink: do you mean the kinds like "Red Bull" and ... there's "Blu something", sorry, can't remember the names b/c I don't drink them, that shoots your adrenalin up until you feel on high?
Or the supplement healthy energy drinks like - "Ensure" and "Easy Drink."

Another happy news: this same s-I-l and her husband are iy"H celebrating the first wedding of their grandchild next month.

How are you able to work with music playing in your ears? Do you not find that distracting?

Esty 4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:01 pm
I don't have any childhood memories do to trauma...

tell me about your wardrobe

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:06 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Thank you for explaining.

Re Energy drink: do you mean the kinds like "Red Bull" and ... there's "Blu something", sorry, can't remember the names b/c I don't drink them, that shoots your adrenalin up until you feel on high?
Or the supplement healthy energy drinks like - "Ensure" and "Easy Drink."

Another happy news: this same s-I-l and her husband are iy"H celebrating the first wedding of their grandchild next month.

How are you able to work with music playing in your ears? Do you not find that distracting?

Powerade is more similar to gaterade. I guess there's similarities to the others. But I'm not really sure. It's like electrolytes and things

Actually for some reason the extra noise gives my brain one thing to focus on . Since most of my job is by rote. Just putting in items and numbers. So I can focus on the songs. And let my muscle memory take over.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:08 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
I don't have any childhood memories do to trauma...

tell me about your wardrobe

Most of my wardrobe comes from Amazon or had been in my closet for years. I don't really change anything between the seasons. Except for going from leggings to bike shorts

Tell me about pink.

Esty 4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:11 pm
My daughters room has one wall painted hot pink...

Tell me about vacation

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:18 pm
singleagain wrote:
That is happy news.

I work as a bookkeeper in a kosher supermarket. Mainly I try to make sure that the items are stored properly in the computer so that way it'll ring up when you get to the register.

I also coordinate the weekly sales and some marketing ideas and stuff like that.

I'd also helped out a little bit and other areas of the store, been on the cash register, close the store a couple times, driven to pick up product, received the product, done some ordering, loaded the shelves, I think the only thing I haven't done is open the store yet...

Tell me about your earliest memories

Wow! you do a LOT in the supermarket.
I thought bookkeeping is keeping the numbers part - how much spent? which product was a sellout? How much earned, etc., up to date.
Sounds like you b"H enjoy your job and the atmosphere there and that the people there like you.

I can still picture in my mind, me at 2.5 sitting at my wooden white round play table, drawing a picture with crayons. I drew a line for the ground and a line for the sky. In the sky I drew a figure of a person (you know how little kids draw people - circle for face, dress is a triangle- the top tip touches the face and stick hands and legs.) and I said to myself, "this is Hashem." I remember my excitement when I showed my mother how I drew Hashem in the sky.

Tell me about something you learn every so often to inspire and lift you in ruchnius.

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:24 pm
Sorry, I can see there's been some crossposting.

Kindly answer "Esty4"'s post before mine.

Aurora

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:27 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
My daughters room has one wall painted hot pink...

Tell me about vacation

I also believe in fairies? I mostly save my vacation days for when my family comes in from Israel. I would really love a week to just relax on my own all day though. Possibly with some little drinks with alcohol and umbrellas.

Tell me about time you take for yourself

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:36 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Wow! you do a LOT in the supermarket.
I thought bookkeeping is keeping the numbers part - how much spent? which product was a sellout? How much earned, etc., up to date.
Sounds like you b"H enjoy your job and the atmosphere there and that the people there like you.

Yeah. It really is more in the numbers. But when other things need to get done and I can help. Why wouldn't I step up?
Page 88 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 87  88  89 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics