Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Mikvah Options

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:38 am
I'm new to the area.

Can you tell me about the different mikvaos here?
I'm specifically looking for one where the mikva ladies don't expect to check you.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:51 am
New Hampshire mikvah they only check if you want - I think you have to request to be checked. It’s also very nice there. I’ve only had positive experiences.

In the westgate mikvah they do check you. You can request not to be checked but they really prefer to check and believe it’s what they should be doing. They don’t take credit card.

I haven’t been to the Madison one in years, so idk what they do there.

I’ve heard the belz mikvah is beautiful, don’t know anything about the attendants.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:00 am
In the Madison Mikvah they only check you if you request it. Sometimes they ask if you wanted to be checked, and you can say no.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:53 am
Westgate does take credit card. They also check, and don't like it when you request otherwise. (I know because I tried.)

How does Madison work? (for dummies, please)
Where is it, where's the door, where do you park, how much is it, do they take credit card, how do you make an appointment, when do you make an appointment...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Westgate does take credit card. They also check, and don't like it when you request otherwise. (I know because I tried.)

Where is it, where's the door, where do you park, how much is it, do they take credit card, how do you make an appointment, when do you make an appointment...

It is located on Madison Avenue between 11th and Carey streets. It runs along Madison Avenue, and there's a parking lot that runs along the back. You go in from 11th street, and you exit on Carey. You park in this parking lot, and that's where the entrance is.

I don't think they take credit cards.

You make an appointment by dialing (732)370-1666. Follow the prompts to select the Madison Mikvah and make your appointment. You can make it up to 2 1/2 days before you need to go. So if you are going Wednesday night, you could already be making your appointment this morning (Monday).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:26 am
Thanks!

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

11th street and Madison
Parking lot enter from Carey
I think you make an appoint on the phone computer

Its been a while Smile

alishamindy

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 11:26 pm
Are there Mikvaos in Lakewood that are particularly more strict due to Covid? Nervous to go with cases being so high right now.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 11:46 pm
Both Madison and New Hampshire used to always check. Only since covid did they stop. Now, depending on the woman, sometimes they offer, sometimes you have to ask. Neither take credit card. $20 cash or check. Same phone system for both. New Hampshire has two parts - they call it phase 1 and 2. It's the same building, entrances at the beginning and end of the building. When you call the phone appointment system, it'll give you three location options - Madison and New Hamphshire phase 1 or phase 2. Both beautiful and very well equipped and staffed, New Hampshire is newer so obviously more new and modern looking.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 11:55 pm
alishamindy wrote:
Are there Mikvaos in Lakewood that are particularly more strict due to Covid? Nervous to go with cases being so high right now.

You can always be strict with yourself. Like prep at home and wear a mask.
At New Hampshire they keep distance. Not for covid but for respect. Like you take off your own robe there is no physical contact.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:00 am
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
At New Hampshire they keep distance. Not for covid but for respect. Like you take off your own robe there is no physical contact.

Just a btw, there is a source to the physical contact - I'm not sure about the particulars but I remember pre-covid, the women would always specifically give a soft "pat" on the back/shoulder when helping put the robe back on, something about the first contact with a yerei shamayim straight out of the mikveh.

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:27 am
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
Just a btw, there is a source to the physical contact - I'm not sure about the particulars but I remember pre-covid, the women would always specifically give a soft "pat" on the back/shoulder when helping put the robe back on, something about the first contact with a yerei shamayim straight out of the mikveh.

Yes, when I lived in Israel they would shake my hand and shower me with brachos afterwards (they also checked me thoroughly and sat there watching me go in and out).
Here (I use the New Hampshire Mikva) they don’t touch at all, they’re very respectful and patient. They either turn around or leave the room when I go up and down. I also always ask them to say the Bracha and yehi ratzon with me, as I’m usually anxious about the whole thing and blank out, and they’re always happy to assist.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:32 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Yes, when I lived in Israel they would shake my hand and shower me with brachos afterwards (they also checked me thoroughly and sat there watching me go in and out).

Same here at Madison. Only covid came and changed things. They're starting to get back to normal now.

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:33 am
The Madison mikvah is slowly being redone. Most of the rooms are and it's very nice and similar to New Hampshire. They also have a separate check-in, attendants and mikvah, upstairs. I believe it's also been redone. They only check of u want them to. They don't even come into ur room, unless u specify u want to be checked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries