Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Business trip to london

Helani

Post Sat, Apr 05 2008, 10:16 pm
my husband will be traveling to london on a business trip this summer. His hotel is going to be right by the Hyde Park. What is the closest frum neighborhood for food/minyanim?

Helani

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 7:55 am
bump

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 8:06 am
Where near Hyde park? I have friends who daven at a shul near Oxford Street and Hyde park. I think it is called Marble Arch shul or something like that. There are frum Jews who live around there...Also kosher food you can get in some of the stores, Selfridges has a small kosher section, and there are a few restaurants with hechsherim nearby.

drumjj

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 8:55 am
marble arch for shabbos but I dont know if they have a minyan there every day but they do in st johns wood. food food that is kosher is ur best bet in golders green but there is a kosher restaurant called rubins in central london

Helani

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 9:16 am
thank you. The conference is in Thistle Hotel in Marble Arch so this is perfect.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:18 pm
you could also get in hendon or edgeware.... and finchley has a community., bushey, bourehawood muswell hill ... no shortage.

unfortuanat4ely fieldgate street shul in east end of london closed it's doors motzei yom kippur...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:27 pm
I seem to remember Edgware is VERY long to attend the business center (traffic jam on road, slow and not so nicely renovated tube). I lived there and studied near the center and boy it was awful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics