Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mom of 10
Previous  1  2

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:32 pm
I have watched and followed a while ago.

Her husband is the leader of some sort of cult.
She is extremely contraversial, money seems to be no object and I think she is a total quack.

They turned off comments. When they allowed comments, the discussion often led to supporting the above facts so they shut them off.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
they get a new shirt right before she starts to film.....

I did some research its one crazy culty family.....

Only denim only white shirts only black socks only homeschool only vegan

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:00 pm
Not commenting specifically on this family, but snow and sauna is a really normal thing to do in Russia.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Only denim only white shirts only black socks only homeschool only vegan

If I had 10 kids, I might also choose a kind of uniform to simplify laundry. Don't we know an awful lot of people in places with names like La-----d and Bo-----rk whose menfolks wear only white shirts, black hats and black pants? And vegan is hardly a "cult". Now if you said they eat only one species of squid and only on red clay dishes and only by the light of the full moon while wearing men's BVDs on their heads and crowing like roosters...

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:26 pm
zaq wrote:
If I had 10 kids, I might also choose a kind of uniform to simplify laundry. Don't we know an awful lot of people in places with names like La-----d and Bo-----rk whose menfolks wear only white shirts, black hats and black pants? And vegan is hardly a "cult". Now if you said they eat only one species of squid and only on red clay dishes and only by the light of the full moon while wearing men's BVDs on their heads and crowing like roosters...

I wasn’t commenting on her DHs outfit. The whole family dresses in that no exceptions. She’s extreme.

They once lived in an RV.

emmes

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:36 pm
It's a common thing to do in Lapland. Out in the snow or a freezing body of water, and into the hot tub or sauna. Back and forth a few times.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:39 pm

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:48 pm
sequoia wrote:
Not commenting specifically on this family, but snow and sauna is a really normal thing to do in Russia.

AFAIK its a pretty common thing in a lot of cold places.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:08 pm
I watched the whole thing, and I didn't see anyone being forced. It looked more like a dare, and the kids got to pick a prize if they did it. At one point she asks one of the little ones "Do you want to do it?" and the girl says "No", so the mom says "OK" - and that's the end of the conversation.

There's no coercing, no arguments, no teasing from siblings.

When the camera light was set wrong, the kids seemed to be pretty happy to do it over again. Get got warmed up for a minute, jumped in the snow for a few seconds, and then ran back to the sauna. No harm done, and everyone was giggling madly.

I can't say from this one video if they are a cult or not, but the kids look happy, clean, and well fed.

(I also think that the kid with the long hair, swim trunks, and crossed arms is a boy. All the girls were fairly modestly dressed. I think he was just shivering a little bit, or maybe shy, but he certainly could have put on a t-shirt if he felt strongly enough about it.)

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:41 pm
hodeez wrote:
Notice how the comments are turned off...

Actually YouTube started to automatically turn off comments for content for kids or about kids as there was a lot of s-xual harassment towards children and inappropriate behavior in the comments.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:42 pm
I hate vloggers though. Exploiting your children. When your children become your business it's easy to make decisions that are bad for the children but good for the buisness.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:49 pm
sequoia wrote:

I was just going to say this. In Brooklyn, the old Russian men sauna, and then swim in the cold, back and forth. I don't know if it feels good or is for health, but the hot-cold seems to be a thing.

banana123

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:04 pm
So, if something isn't familiar to you, because it's not part of your culture, then it's crazy, insane, and whatever other derogatory terms you choose to call it?

I mean, way to go 2020. There is obviously a culture gap here - go explore it a bit.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:27 pm
banana123 wrote:
So, if something isn't familiar to you, because it's not part of your culture, then it's crazy, insane, and whatever other derogatory terms you choose to call it?

I mean, way to go 2020. There is obviously a culture gap here - go explore it a bit.

Have you watched this woman or researched the channel, I have. And there is something off about this family.

banana123

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:31 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Have you watched this woman or researched the channel, I have. And there is something off about this family.

Many times the unfamiliar seems "off" when in fact it is simply unfamiliar and foreign to the viewer.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:47 pm
banana123 wrote:
Many times the unfamiliar seems "off" when in fact it is simply unfamiliar and foreign to the viewer.

Watch a bunch of them. You may or may not agree. I made the mistake of following a link to her husband's church. And there has been a lot of talk about the blanket training, which I think is in her morning routine video. Mostly, she seems like an extreme of always having her family camera ready, with fairly dramatic names.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:33 am
imasoftov wrote:

That's a great video, but I was Russian out the door, so I couldn't Finnish it. Tongue Out

SG18

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:48 am
Imagine being able to support a family of ten by videoing the fun things you already like doing!
In terms of uniform- I know so many people who have all of their boys wearing white shirt, black pants. And the girls have to wear long sleeves, even in the summer! They wake up super early to recite words together, eat a super restricted diet, and fast regularly. I can go on, obviously.
Look at how we can spin anything. I wouldn't comment on a family's desires or a culture I'm not a part of.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:20 am
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics