Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boys camps in Monsey Area

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:58 am
Do any boys camps in the Monsey area teach elementary school aged children how to swim or do they just provide free pool play time?

Also, what are the differences between Camp Gesher, Camp Elyon, and Camp Meyuchad?

Thanks.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:23 am
Camp Regesh has a very good swim program with instructional swim everyday.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:03 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Camp Regesh has a very good swim program with instructional swim everyday.

Could you please tell me a little about Camp Regesh?

Do they provide busing?

Is it similar crowd to camp Elyon or different?

Do you have contact info for them?

Thanks!

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Could you please tell me a little about Camp Regesh?

Do they provide busing?

Is it similar crowd to camp Elyon or different?

Do you have contact info for them?

Thanks!

I’m not familiar with camp Elyon. Camp Regesh is a modern orthodox camp. Excellent program and activities, amazing swim program. You’d need to be comfortable with a modern orthodox crowd and the camp is more expensive than most of the other camps in the area. They do provide busing. Check the website Camp Regesh.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:57 am
Any feedback or info on Camp Gesher?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:26 am
Camp regesh is a yeshivishe boys day camp. Mostly Bais Mikroh boys. Strong learning program in morning. They do go swimming but probably no instruction. They play some sports and go on low key but fun trips. My boys loved it. My oldest went to camp elyon also. He was happy but it was much bigger and liked Gesher better because of that. My youngest went to meyuchad a couple summers also. He loved it. Yeshivishe crowd from Bais Mikroh and the cheder. Learning. Swimming. Sports and lots of wholesome trips and activities.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 11:07 am
I'm debating which camp in Monsey would be the right fit for my son, I'm considering Camp Gesher. I need more information about this camp.
My 11 year old son is chassidish, going to an English speaking Yeshiva.
Any leads are appreciated.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 1:08 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Camp regesh is a yeshivishe boys day camp. Mostly Bais Mikroh boys. Strong learning program in morning. They do go swimming but probably no instruction. They play some sports and go on low key but fun trips. My boys loved it. My oldest went to camp elyon also. He was happy but it was much bigger and liked Gesher better because of that. My youngest went to meyuchad a couple summers also. He loved it. Yeshivishe crowd from Bais Mikroh and the cheder. Learning. Swimming. Sports and lots of wholesome trips and activities.

You wrote camp regesh but did you mean gesher? That sounds more like what you’re describing.

My kids like Elyon a lot. Mix of kids from YSV, bais Mikroh, degel. I think from the Cheder too. It’s yeshivish but probably not as much as gesher.

Elyon is bigger than gesher. Lots of sports and trips.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children