Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Symptoms

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:10 pm
What were your first symptoms and how did you decide to go for testing ? I mean now , not previous variants .

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:15 pm
My 6 yo, fully vaxxed, got a scratchy mildly sore throat starting Thursday night. I tested her at home Friday and again on Saturday night. negative at first, then positive. She never had anything else. No fever. Her throat is improving. Barely needed any tylenol.

My 16 yo, fully vaxxed and boosted, I then tested at home, asymptomatic and positive.

The remainder of us (me and a 14 yr old--fully vaxxed) went and got PCR tests today since our home tests were negative. My nose is always a little congested from allergies, and I don't notice it being particularly worse than normal.,...and we'll see if I'm positive.

AT this point, if I'm positive, I'd rather just have isolation start and be done with, and iyh be mild.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:50 pm
You sound really neurotic. And I say this as someone fully vaxxed+booster

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 10:54 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
My 6 yo, fully vaxxed, got a scratchy mildly sore throat starting Thursday night. I tested her at home Friday and again on Saturday night. negative at first, then positive. She never had anything else. No fever. Her throat is improving. Barely needed any tylenol.

My 16 yo, fully vaxxed and boosted, I then tested at home, asymptomatic and positive.

The remainder of us (me and a 14 yr old--fully vaxxed) went and got PCR tests today since our home tests were negative. My nose is always a little congested from allergies, and I don't notice it being particularly worse than normal.,...and we'll see if I'm positive.

AT this point, if I'm positive, I'd rather just have isolation start and be done with, and iyh be mild.

Boosted people getting positive too?? I thought the booster is effective against this variant which is why they are pushing everyone to get it

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:32 am
Covid or Kovid in Sanskrit means
scholar or learned person, and as we know, kavod in Hebrew means honor.It has made some people however into dummies, by mocking others.

ImmaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:31 am
Low grade fever and chills first thing early in the morning prompted me to test, and I was +.
It just felt strange

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:51 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Boosted people getting positive too?? I thought the booster is effective against this variant which is why they are pushing everyone to get it

They’re urging people to get it because it will help prevent serious illness. However the booster hasn’t been super effective in preventing people from getting it. I got Covid 6 weeks after my booster.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:30 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

My boosted child is asymptomatic. So, he's probably spreading it less even around our home and he really has no illness to manage or "recovery" either iyh.

In my opinion, the vaccines are working to make COVID cases by and large much less of a big deal (on top of the variants evolving to less severe). The combination of the vaccines/boosters (when applicable) and omicron, etc. have so far resulted in only half of my household bh being covid positive, one asymptomatic case, and one very mild case.

I'm glad that right now my biggest stresses are largely having us home from school/work, managing remote learning/working, and figuring out when we can all get back to in person living (either due to our personal status or schools going remote). I'm not managing meds or active illness. My one symptomatic case only needed a little tylenol for a couple days, and nothing after that.

I know some boostered folks not becoming ill from exposures that others who were eligible for boosters (but didn't get yet) did fall ill from.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:35 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
You sound really neurotic. And I say this as someone fully vaxxed+booster

Wow. Can really feel the love.

Testing and monitoring according to my schools', employer's, and locality's guidance is not neurotic.

And if my being cautious by testing more than some others on this site (and not really more than the folks I live around) because I don't want to spread it to others is "neurotic", well, I think it's ok to be "neurotic" to do v'ahavta l'reacha kamocha....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics