Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pyloric stenosis or something else?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:43 am
My baby is six weeks old and has vomited huge amounts of breast milk probably 6 times in the last 2.5 weeks (since it’s a long period of time it’s unlikely to be a stomach bug). Enough to soak his clothes, make a large puddle on the floor and enough to send me changing because enough got on me too. It fiend out of his mouth like a fire house. I’m starting to suspect this condition However the baby has wet and dirty diapers ans appears to gaining weight

1. For those with experience with this condition does this sound like what you had?
2. Anyone had this kind of vomiting at this frequency and it was something else ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:28 pm
Bump

Lotti

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:57 pm
Take him to the dr.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:59 pm
My son had PS and starting from the day of his bris he would vomit exactly how you're describing, usually more than once a day. He gained weight and wet his diapers. I took him to the Dr multiple times and was told he'd grow out of it. He did it until he was about 18 months old. He's now 6 and hasn't thrown up in years bh.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:05 pm
Is he gaining or losing weight?

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:05 pm
my son did the same, but after running tests, he had reflux

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:10 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
My son had PS and starting from the day of his bris he would vomit exactly how you're describing, usually more than once a day. He gained weight and wet his diapers. I took him to the Dr multiple times and was told he'd grow out of it. He did it until he was about 18 months old. He's now 6 and hasn't thrown up in years bh.
wow I didn’t know you can grow out of it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:11 am
MyKidsRQte wrote:
my son did the same, but after running tests, he had reflux
what kind of tests and how did they say definitively that it was from reflux ?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:11 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Is he gaining or losing weight?
at least as of last doctor visit he was gaining but that was weeks for

epic

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:19 am
Same. I can relate!! Just today my 10 month old baby did this to me.. it's just bad acid reflux.. I had it myself as a baby too .. bh you grow out of it..hang in there!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:26 am
epic wrote:
Same. I can relate!! Just today my 10 month old baby did this to me.. it's just bad acid reflux.. I had it myself as a baby too .. bh you grow out of it..hang in there!!

Same here. They say I used to projectile vomit across the room as a baby.

My son used to do it too. He did it many times right after he finished nursing and then we both had to be changed from head to toe and clean whatever we were sitting on. It was scary how much came out but my pediatrician said as long as he's gaining weight and seems pretty happy, there nothing to worry about. He called it 'happy spitter' as opposed to a baby in pain from the reflux.

My son is four now and is fine. The only thing is that if he cries very hard, he triggers his gag reflex and vomits. But it doesn't projectile anymore.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:27 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Same here. They say I used to projectile vomit across the room as a baby.

My son used to do it too. He did it many times right after he finished nursing and then we both had to be changed from head to toe and clean whatever we were sitting on. It was scary how much came out but my pediatrician said as long as he's gaining weight and seems pretty happy, there nothing to worry about. He called it 'happy spitter' as opposed to a baby in pain from the reflux.

My son is four now and is fine. The only thing is that if he cries very hard, he triggers his gag reflex and vomits. But it doesn't projectile anymore.
sounds the same

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:41 pm
My daughter. It was a malrotation of the small bowel. Used a red dye and x ray cat scan to diagnose. Needed surgery at 2 weeks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics