Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Keeps biting her cheek while eating... What to do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:08 pm
Our 6 yr old for the past couple of days has bitten her cheek while eating- more times than I care to count. When this happens to my husband, he blisters up right away. Sure enough, she has his genes. She has two blisters now on her inner cheek, so when she bites down, she sometimes bites the blisters, and ends up in tears. What can I do to help her. She's focused and eating slowly. She did lose her first two teeth recently. Can it simply be because of shifting in her mouth as her small teeth fall out and big teeth come in?

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:43 pm
A new set of molars come in all the way in the back at this age. Have her open her mouth wide and tilt her head all the way back and see if you can see any new teeth coming in. My daughter complained about biting the inside of her cheeks for a few days as each tooth came in

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:23 am
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
A new set of molars come in all the way in the back at this age. Have her open her mouth wide and tilt her head all the way back and see if you can see any new teeth coming in. My daughter complained about biting the inside of her cheeks for a few days as each tooth came in

Even if she's biting toward the front of her mouth?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics