Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do I have covid?
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:00 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
Could be covid, could be a sinus infection…

Or the flu, or another virus….

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am just asking to know if others had the same symptoms as me before I think of testing
I cant really smell even if my nose isnt stuffed

Quarantine? Its everywhere everyone is home sick anyway so why would I?

If it is indeed covid you surely wouldn't want another yid to catch it. What if they cholila get it really bad and a lot worse than you? Would you want that on your conscience?
Even if everyone is doing something wrong, ie not quarantining, this does not make it right for you to copy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:39 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
If it is indeed covid you surely wouldn't want another yid to catch it. What if they cholila get it really bad and a lot worse than you? Would you want that on your conscience?
Even if everyone is doing something wrong, ie not quarantining, this does not make it right for you to copy.

Covid is a cold for majority of people
Would you quarantine for the flu? No? why not? someone else can get it worse than you...

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you quarantine for the flu? No? why not? someone else can get it worse than you...

Yes, I would absolutely stay home if I had the flu, even before covid. Why do you think it's ok to spread your germs and knowingly make others sick???

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:44 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
Yes, I would absolutely stay home if I had the flu, even before covid. Why do you think it's ok to spread your germs and knowingly make others sick???

I would stay home if I felt sick that I cant function but thats it

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Um….I would stay home until I felt better. I took off a week of work when I had the flu. No, my whole family didn’t stay home for a week, but anyone who wasn’t feeling well did.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This kind of attitude goes against בין אדם לחברו And כל ישראל ערבים זה לזה.
You should not be knowingly giving flu to other people either.
My dd was sick in bed for 10 days with a very nasty flu because her Co worker decided to come into work with low grade temp and a flu. My daughter had the flu a lot worse than her Co worker
This is not what Hashem wants from us. We have to be cautious for the sake of others.
ואהבת לרעך כמוך

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Obviously I would not go out in public and infect others if I had the flu. Are there people who would?

Most people who get the flu, or covid, are fine. Except the ones who aren't. And while there are risk factors, no one can know for sure how they will react to either infection. I know a family who were recently all infected, from great-grandma down to baby. The great-grandma, who had numerous risk factors, was asymptomatic. The 20-something athlete was very ill (but now recovered, BH).

May I ask why you bothered to post an entire thread on whether or not you have covid if you don't care, and would knowingly risk the health of others by refusing to isolate even if you were contagious?

Anon because of reference to another family.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would stay home if I felt sick that I cant function but thats it

If you had a low grade fever and were coughing and sneezing and knew you had flu you would go out and spread it?

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Actually yes. Plus I masked up when I left urgent care and went to CVS..and even around my family members at home. This was before covid btw.

And btw..this attitude is why covid is still here.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:42 am
fleetwood wrote:
Actually yes. Plus I masked up when I left urgent care and went to CVS..and even around my family members at home. This was before covid btw.

Even though it gives me a headache and I generally don’t wear a mask (it’s not required in most of the places I go) I wore one after I no longer had the flu, because I still was very congested and had a cough. Would I have done that before? No, masks weren’t on my radar. I would have made sure not to get too close to other people.
How can anyone knowingly go out of their house and expose other people to whatever it is that they have, while they are still contagious?

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:46 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Even though it gives me a headache and I generally don’t wear a mask (it’s not required in most of the places I go) I wore one after I no longer had the flu, because I still was very congested and had a cough. Would I have done that before? No, masks weren’t on my radar. I would have made sure not to get too close to other people.
How can anyone knowingly go out of their house and expose other people to whatever it is that they have, while they are still contagious?

I wish I had the answer.. people just don't care...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:02 pm
If I had the flu and knowingly still had the flu but felt relatively fine, I would go out but I would tell people not to get too close but if I just have a cold I would go wherever I have to go and for sure not wear a mask... I mean it is the winter and we do have to go on with our lives covid or no covid.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:11 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

I think this is something good that came out of covid. Before covid I never took keeping home when sick very seriously and that people who did were germophobes, I think it’s good that people now are so much more careful about protecting others from illness and wearing a mask when you are unwell and out and about is a good habit that I hope will stick long after covid is gone.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:11 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I agree. Ppl are spreading the covid unnecessarily. This selfish behaviour infuriates me

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I had the flu and knowingly still had the flu but felt relatively fine, I would go out but I would tell people not to get too close but if I just have a cold I would go wherever I have to go and for sure not wear a mask... I mean it is the winter and we do have to go on with our lives covid or no covid.

How can you carry on your life in good conscience knowingly making someone sick?

One cannot make a blanket statement saying covid is a cold.

A woman in my town is currently on a respirator due to covid. She has no underlying conditions. Some cold you want to call this?
Covid can be deadly in some people.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:19 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
How can you carry on your life in good conscience knowingly making someone sick?

One cannot make a blanket statement saying covid is a cold.

A woman in my town is currently on a respirator due to covid. She has no underlying conditions. Some cold you want to call this?
Covid can be deadly in some people.

My sister's friend is on a ventilator..they just added a name ..it's not just a cold..

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You don’t go out while you are contagious. Period. With the flu, one is MOST contagious within the first 3-4 days from the onset of symptoms. I wouldn’t go out for those days. I wouldn’t before either.
A cold is different. Like you said, it’s the winter. But if I was super congested, I would definitely minimize my outside of the house activities.
How do you tell people in a grocery store not to get too close? Or while waiting in line for something?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:36 pm
I agree that Covid brought awareness to staying home when one is still sick.
But Covid, to me, also brought massive awareness to the "class difference and class privilege" between those who can afford to stay home and those who can't
At least in the US, there's no sick-pay for many jobs. And bosses are pressuring employees to come back faster.
Many people stay home for 1 or 2 days but can't afford to lose their job or go without pay for the remaining 2/3 days of contagiousness.

I really can't judge anyone who goes to work just 1 day post flu. I assume they just can't afford to stay home anymore.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics