Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Rash on eyelids

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:47 am
I've never had this before. My eyelids is super itchy, and reddish. The skin is kind of hanging on one eye also.
What could this be-I have not changed any makeup brands?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:11 pm
could be pink eye

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:13 pm
I had this. My dermatologist an eye doctor said that it was contact dermatitis. I could not identify what was causing the irritation though. I thought that it must be my eye make up however my dermatologist explained that the skin there is very thin so it could even be from another product that didn’t go anywhere near my eye . Meaning I could’ve touched and offending product and then touched my eye and that would cause irritation by my eye. In the end it was a shampoo that I had used many times before but suddenly became irritating

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:19 pm
I have this all the time, usually after shabbos when I slept in makeup, I put on a thin layer of hydrocortisone and it usually clears up by the next day

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:00 am
Its almost for sure contact dermatitis, but I can't figure out the trigger! I stopped wearing all makeup aside from moustrizer. What else could it be?

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its almost for sure contact dermatitis, but I can't figure out the trigger! I stopped wearing all makeup aside from moustrizer. What else could it be?
honestly it can be anything from your jewelry, shampoo, detergent, moisturizer, nail polish, perfume, etc even if it’s not going near your eye. For me it was shampoo. Try to keep things as simple as possible
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics