Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Honey and Cumin Glazed Cornish Hens

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:12 pm
This was quite good and very easy. Although there is honey for sweetness it isn't cloying sweet because there are acidic elements to balance the sweetness - orange juice, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Also cumin tempers the sweet quality. This was in a cookbook of Jewish holiday foods and is an obvious entree for RH but good any time really.

I imagine one could use the same ingredients for roast chicken if one adjusts quantity and cooking time.

Source is Jewish Holiday Feasts by Louise Fiszer

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:55 pm
This looks delicious ! Brisketboss - can I used powdered cumin instead of the crushed seeds? And what amount ?

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:16 pm
Mom/Bubby/Morah wrote:
This looks delicious ! Brisketboss - can I used powdered cumin instead of the crushed seeds? And what amount ?

I am not Brisketboss but that is a great moniker for a kosher barbecue joint. LOL

Here is conversion information and I am sure it will taste fine. Based on this formula it is 1.5 tablespoons of powdered cumin but you might add a smaller amount and taste to make sure it isn’t overpowering. 🤷‍♀️

Can I use cumin seeds instead of powder?

The general rule of thumb is use half the amount of ground spice to whole spice. So 2 teaspoons of whole cumin seeds becomes 1 teaspoon of ground
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey