Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can’t stop coughing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:31 pm
Aside from feeling generally sick I can’t stop coughing. Does anyone have a solution for uncontrollable coughing never had this before. Also is this a sign of Covid?

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Aside from feeling generally sick I can’t stop coughing. Does anyone have a solution for uncontrollable coughing never had this before. Also is this a sign of Covid?

A cough is common with many viruses, including flu and covid.

Not sure about an uncontrollable cough, though. Was it getting worse and worse? Or started off like this?

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:36 pm
It could be bronchitis secondary to covid/ flu..get it checked out. Feel better.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:39 pm
I've been coughing for five weeks. I just got home from the doctor, and he prescribed me an inhaler.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:01 pm
Try using a humidifier. For quick relief, boil water with some baking soda. Turn off the fire and then inhale the hot vapor of it. The way this works is by wrapping a towel around the pot and your head in such a way that all vapor is directed only to your face and non can escape elsewhere. If you do this for 20-30 minutes then you should find relief right after. It's best to repeat this a few times a day.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:28 pm
It could be pneumonia as well which must have antibiotics. If it persists to must get a chest X-ray .

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:52 pm
You may need antibiotics
In addition, you can get a nebulizer with saline or steroids.
It could be covid

tweety1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:52 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Try using a humidifier. For quick relief, boil water with some baking soda. Turn off the fire and then inhale the hot vapor of it. The way this works is by wrapping a towel around the pot and your head in such a way that all vapor is directed only to your face and non can escape elsewhere. If you do this for 20-30 minutes then you should find relief right after. It's best to repeat this a few times a day.

I heard the same thing but instead of baking soda to put in a few cinnamon sticks. The cinnamon is supposed to help too.

torquoise

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:49 pm
I have the same. Been coughing for a few weeks. The only relief I found was pouring a boiling cup of tea or water, and breathing in the vapor. It helps for a couple of hours, then either need to do it again or it's back to coughing.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:53 pm
Nebulizer with saline, NAC or glutathione

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:53 pm
I would be concerned abt bronchitis or pneumonia . If left untreated it can be fatal.
Go see a doc!!! If ur lungs are clear and everything else looks ok then enjoy the home remedies.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:16 pm
Fleetwood- you saved the day. I read your post and said you know what - I am taking care of myself. Went to urgent care and lo and behold I have the flu! Totally shocked but I'm on tamiflu already.

TY!

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Fleetwood- you saved the day. I read your post and said you know what - I am taking care of myself. Went to urgent care and lo and behold I have the flu! Totally shocked but I'm on tamiflu already.

TY!

Good for u for taking care of urself!!! Have an easy recovery!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics