Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Bar Mitzvah thank you card

ta1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:23 pm
What is better - Should my son hand write the thank you cards even though he doesn’t have a nice handwriting or should I do a preprinted thank you card??

kenz

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:55 pm
If he’s ready and willing to do it, it’s definitely nicer for him to write them even if it’s a little messy.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:59 pm
Best is if he composes the text on a computer and you print it out and glue into a card. It’ll be his words but legible. OTOH if his handwriting is legible but just not attractive, let him write the notes by hand anyway. Print if his writing is really illegible. Do not buy preprinted cards.

ETA kudos to you for making sure he sends TY cards. A lot of imas seem to think these are optional or obsolete. They’re not.

ta1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:19 pm
Yes it’s legible but not attractive…
(really sad that a boy his age writes like that)
So I made him sit down and start writing… he did 10 today… will take a couple of days for him to get it done !

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:20 pm
His own handwriting is best. If it helps, maybe you can draw the lines on the card for him. The legibility is less important than the effort expended that he is individually thanking for each gift.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:33 pm
ta1 wrote:
Yes it’s legible but not attractive…
(really sad that a boy his age writes like that)
So I made him sit down and start writing… he did 10 today… will take a couple of days for him to get it done !

Lol hakavod to both of you!

ta1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:40 pm
Yeah kept pushing it off bec wanted to include pictures with some of the thank you cards… but didn’t print any yet..
So I told him to just write the cards and will send them out… already 2 months since his bar mitzvah Can't Believe It

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:46 pm
My son has an awful handwriting, but did write his own thank you cards. I helped him with the wording and addressed the envelopes for him, but I felt it was important for him to write his own cards. It took him a long time! He wasn't so happy about it but I made it clear that there was no other option.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics