Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Anyone on Qelbree?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:36 pm
My DC's psych just prescribed this. We've been through a lot of different meds. Anyone have a child who takes it? What's your experience?
TIA!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:14 pm
It's very new to the US- it was only approved in April and took a while to hit pharmacies, so I doubt that's you'll get many responses.

That being said, my y 9 y.o. recently got an ADHD diagnosis
And has an appointment with the psychiatrist next week. I was planning on asking the Dr. about Qelbree, because the rebound of typical stimulants is so hard for my older kid to deal with

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:29 pm
Oh I didn’t realize that! Thanks for the response. This kid gets anxiety and aggressive when stimulants wear off and got very “down” on Intuniv so the dr said this one might be a good option. Hoping it’ll do it… we’ve been through so many.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:08 am
Bump. Anybody else?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:01 pm
Quote:
This kid gets anxiety and aggressive when stimulants wear off and got very “down” on Intuniv so the dr said this one might be a good option

it does sound like this could be a good option for this kid. hatzlacha!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:42 pm
just an fyi- I took my kid to the psychiatrist today and she said I was the first patient she was prescribing this for. She also called the pharmacy to see how much the copay would be, and the pharmacy said that this is the first time they are filling this RX. So again, don't expect too much feedback on it, but let us know how your kid does on it!

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:25 pm
Bump

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 7:54 am
I have two kids taking it. I am thrilled. My younger son went up a whole letter for behavior last spring when we first started. They tolerate it well no side effects.

momto4

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 8:34 am
my son also takes it with no side effects bh. we tried so many other medications and this is the only one weve seen success with.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:10 am
Anyone s kids also have anxiety and does it help with that too? It’s actually a SNRI which should help with depression and anxiety

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 10:12 am
Yes we started it with my younger son because he is highly anxious as well as ADHD and I did not want a stimulant. It worked so well I switched my older son to it also. But I started it with the kid who is reallllly high strung because of the benefits to that issue too.

momfrompomona

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:27 am
bump for more recent reviews

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:56 am
I have a child on it, I haven’t seen any side effects. We have been on it for a year, went from 100mg to 150 mg to improve the effect. The neuropsychologist recommended it for focusing and regulation and said it also doesn’t increase anxiety like the stimulants can. Very pricey though, $365/month and insurance won’t cover until we try 2 other drugs

momfrompomona

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:59 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I have a child on it, I haven’t seen any side effects. We have been on it for a year, went from 100mg to 150 mg to improve the effect. The neuropsychologist recommended it for focusing and regulation and said it also doesn’t increase anxiety like the stimulants can. Very pricey though, $365/month and insurance won’t cover until we try 2 other drugs

correct, how is the results?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:28 pm
OP here, DC has been on it since this post and is doing very well BH!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:31 pm
Bump …
What kind of a drug is it ? Meaning what category ?
What age ?
Starting dose ?
What symptoms of ADHD does it help with ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)