Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
If you need a new sheitel but can't afford it
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:59 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
My sheitel is currently in for repairs and it might take a few weeks. I bought one of the haircube ones from amazon, and it is fine. It doesn't have clips, so it needs a wig grip. I watched a video on you tube about how to cut,and trimmed it down a little. It looks like a totally normal sheitel, except the top doesn't have a skin or lace part.

Sounds great! Do you have a link?

Roots

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:32 pm
hey thanks!
looks like fun!
how long do they last till they need a wash?
and how do you wash it?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:46 pm
How do you cut it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:05 pm
Here's another nice one I got:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....6ba43

I originally was finding long glamorous wigs that were really too long for me, but I see there are shoulder length ones too.

I ended up returning one of the original I mentioned (that's the best part, easy free returns!). So now I have a wavy fall, a straight one and the one linked above.

I just wore one of mine to a wedding and I didn't feel that I looked different than anyone else there. So nice to feel pretty without having to spend an arm and a leg.

As for how to wash, I haven't washed yet, but plenty of information online. As for cutting, Amazon customers sometimes mention trimming bangs or cutting layers, but I saw an article saying better to just buy the style you want for synthetics and not try to cut them yourself. What

I have a lot of nachas from those who bought nice cheap wigs! How fun is it to open the package and try them on!?

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:21 pm
I would like to give this a try but am not finding much. Any experienced Amazon searchers with a few minutes....looking for fall or wig, shoulder length or a bit longer, wavy preferred but straight might be ok, sort of golden blonde, in Jewish wigs a 14/16/12 or so.

Thanks!

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:23 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ca939

This is the one I bought.

Regarding all of your questions-- sorry! I don't know the answer. I watched a you tube video on how to snip it and will probably watch another one when its time to wash it!

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:26 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:

Regarding all of your questions-- sorry! I don't know the answer. I watched a you tube video on how to snip it and will probably watch another one when its time to wash it!

Could you wear a beanie over this, or is it too bulky at the top? Is the hair the back really full?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:49 pm
Anyone got a nice fall that didn’t need work? I’m light brown

Roots

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 6:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sure, I got a bunch to try and returned some, but these are the ones I'm keeping:

Straight brown:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....842a1

I got this as a headband fall in brown:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....998ca

I only see blonde now though.

And this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....031aa

Having a lot of fun with this lately!

hey so I want to order the one you returned lol. how was it in terms of quality
did u return it only cuz of length?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:10 pm
Roots wrote:
hey so I want to order the one you returned lol. how was it in terms of quality
did u return it only cuz of length?

I think so, maybe it was too long, too 'much' for me. I felt like it was a little too glamorous for my preference. But it could work for you!

Fox

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:51 pm
I've been through all the synthetics over the years at various price points, and I even tried a human hair shaitel that was an unmitigated disaster.

A friend sent me a few links from Shein -- she wanted an inexpensive shaitel to wear at work. I found something that looked more-or-less like the style I favor and figured it was worth risking 20 bucks.

Best shaitel I've ever had. In fact, when Shein had a sale and a coupon, I ordered 6 of them for a grand total of about $80. Each one lasts approximately 6 months with minimal care, so I'm good for the next 3 years!

Definitely give some of the inexpensive synthetics a try. You may be pleasantly surprised!

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:06 pm
Fox wrote:
I've been through all the synthetics over the years at various price points, and I even tried a human hair shaitel that was an unmitigated disaster.

A friend sent me a few links from Shein -- she wanted an inexpensive shaitel to wear at work. I found something that looked more-or-less like the style I favor and figured it was worth risking 20 bucks.

Best shaitel I've ever had. In fact, when Shein had a sale and a coupon, I ordered 6 of them for a grand total of about $80. Each one lasts approximately 6 months with minimal care, so I'm good for the next 3 years!

Definitely give some of the inexpensive synthetics a try. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Link?

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 2:15 pm
I found a youtuber "Bebexo"-- she has a tutorial for cutting your own hair. I used her technique for my $20 amazon sheitel and it came out fine. Not perfect, but good enough...

Roots

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:58 pm
Fox wrote:

whats minimal care?
I ordered my first synthetic
how do I care for it?

best

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:58 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:

Thank you

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:08 am
Are the tops see through?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:33 am
best wrote:
Thank you

I ordered the amazon haircube and it did not look like the pictures online. It wasn’t cut and would have needed a lot of work so I returned it.

best

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:35 am
Any reason to pay more for these than the ones on Amazon ?

https://www.sassysecret.com/ca.....age=1
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels