Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 88  89  90 102  103  104  Next

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:41 am
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about something you learn every so often to inspire and lift you in ruchnius.

I don't have anything specific I can. But I remind myself of all the times God had my back in my life

Sunsong wrote:

Tell me about time you take for yourself

After I get out of a shower I lay on my towel and just relax. Go on my phone or whatever.

Also when I'm alone in the car I like to think on things

Tell me a joke?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 11:10 am
simcha4 wrote:
"happytobemom," thanks for your kind words. Smile

I'm curious, what did you have in mind when you asked about long distance traveling?

I actually do have overseas travel on my mind, I have plans beezras Hashem to go to Eretz Yisrael next week for the first time in many years for a family simcha. I think Israel dropped the "red list" special for us! Keep praying they don't change their mind...
I didn't have anything specific in mind in my question, kind of left it open to hear. But certainly wasn't thinking of scary drives into Arab villages and cars going out of control!
Glad you all made it out safely!

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:01 pm
singleagain wrote:
After I get out of a shower I lay on my towel and just relax. Go on my phone or whatever.

Also when I'm alone in the car I like to think on things

Tell me a joke?

A Rabbi, an Arab and a priest walked into a bar. The bartender said, What is this, some kind of joke?

Tell me another joke.

HILY

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:21 pm
An arab, a rabbit and a priest walked into a bar. The bartender asked the rabbit: "What are you doing here?" To what the rabbit replied: "I'm here because of Autocorrect"

Now tell me a nice quote or saying

Esty 4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:46 pm
today is the first day of the rest of your life

tell me about an argument

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:47 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I actually do have overseas travel on my mind, I have plans beezras Hashem to go to Eretz Yisrael next week for the first time in many years for a family simcha. I think Israel dropped the "red list" special for us! Keep praying they don't change their mind...
I didn't have anything specific in mind in my question, kind of left it open to hear. But certainly wasn't thinking of scary drives into Arab villages and cars going out of control!
Glad you all made it out safely!

I'm so happy for you! I remember when you posted that you have a chasunah in E'Y and you don't know if you'll be able to travel.
I'm sorry I gave you a scare with my post. From what I'm used to:
- long distance travelling is travelling to a place several hours away, in the country one lives in
- overseas or travelling abroad is to fly to another country
So it was a misunderstanding too. Sorry again.
Might be good to be more specific if one isn't asking a random question but really wants to know info.

FYI, there are many very holy places and delightful things to do in E"Y.
It isn't all about cars losing control which can happen in any country, r"l, or accidentally driving into Arab villages. So don't let that be on the forefront of your mind when you think about your upcoming travel plans, iy"H.
Happy planning and preps. be"H Smile

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:11 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I'm so happy for you! I remember when you posted that you have a chasunah in E'Y and you don't know if you'll be able to travel.
I'm sorry I gave you a scare with my post. From what I'm used to:
- long distance travelling is travelling to a place several hours away, in the country one lives in
- overseas or travelling abroad is to fly to another country
So it was a misunderstanding too. Sorry again.
Might be good to be more specific if one isn't asking a random question but really wants to know info.

FYI, there are many very holy places and delightful things to do in E"Y.
It isn't all about cars losing control which can happen in any country, r"l, or accidentally driving into Arab villages. So don't let that be on the forefront of your mind when you think about your upcoming travel plans, iy"H.
Happy planning and preps. be"H Smile

Like I said, I really had anything in mind when I said long distance traveling. Overseas was on my mind, but I was asking generally what was on Yours!
And no worries, you certainly weren't scaring me away from E"Y!
Thank you for your kind words. I've been loving this game - I feel like I'm making a whole new group of friends through it. And you always seem to have something warm and encouraging to say to everyone, Simcha4! Smile

sra

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:39 pm
I argued with myself to get out of bed early

Tell me about bedtime

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:56 pm
Bedtime is an illusion. You always think five know minutes which turns into an hour or longer. And in fact, there was a study that said something about how some ppl stay up really late as a control thing bc they have so little control over the rest of their day, even if they know they'll be disregulated in the morning.. they need that control

Tell me about an interesting study

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:58 pm
singleagain wrote:
Bedtime is an illusion. You always think five know minutes which turns into an hour or longer. And in fact, there was a study that said something about how some ppl stay up really late as a control thing bc they have so little control over the rest of their day, even if they know they'll be disregulated in the morning.. they need that control

I totally hear that! Makes so much sense!!

HILY

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:50 am
singleagain wrote:

Tell me about an interesting study

A few years ago while studying I came across something that I found absolutely fascinating. As part of my studies I studied developmental psychology which is basically about all the different stages in life.
There was a study held to research if babies have fear of heights and they made this experiment called visual cliff experiment. I attached a video that explains it.

But honestly the most interesting and percious study is the Torah!

Tell me about Tu Bishvat

Esty 4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:44 am
I' looking for ideas...

Tell me about hobbies

simcha4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:45 pm
sra wrote:
I argued with myself to get out of bed early

One of the best arguments I've ever heard of.
May you manage to be"H get out of bed easily and with joy in the future, without any arguments Smile

simcha4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:02 pm
singleagain wrote:

That sounds interesting. These people really think the only thing they can control re their day and themselves is their sleep pattern?
Isn't it a bit of a vicious cycle? I mean, truly, no person is in control of their life, it is Hashem who totally controls our lives. But Hashem Gave Yidden Bechirah - choice, a Yid can choose how he's going to act in any situation.

The above was just me analyzing your words in my mind. I'm still at it ...

Re that study: don't the participants realize that not sleeping well will give them even less ability to have control over some parts of their lives, b/c they're not functioning properly from lack of sleep?

Last edited by simcha4 on Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

simcha4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:09 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Like I said, I really had anything in mind when I said long distance traveling. Overseas was on my mind, but I was asking generally what was on Yours!
And no worries, you certainly weren't scaring me away from E"Y!
Thank you for your kind words. I've been loving this game - I feel like I'm making a whole new group of friends through it. And you always seem to have something warm and encouraging to say to everyone, Simcha4! Smile

"Happytobemom," thank you so much for your uplifting words.
I also love this game even though sometimes I feel that I reveal too much and sound rambly and foolish.
Everyone is so friendly, it's very warm and cozy. Smile

Thank you to all you dear players for creating this atmosphere. May it always continue, iy"H. Smile

simcha4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:14 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
I' looking for ideas...

Tell me about hobbies

Hobbies is something I do which is enjoyable for me and relaxes me at the same time.

Tell me about managing to put a wholesome cooked meal on the table every day.

Esty 4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:24 pm
I'm actually looking for new easy wholesome recipes cuz mine are getting too repetitive

Tell me about your favorite author

simcha4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:42 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
I'm actually looking for new easy wholesome recipes cuz mine are getting too repetitive

Tell me about your favorite author

That's a biggie question b/c I LOVE reading.
I don't have one favorite author, so my favorites are:

Ruti Kepler
Ruthie Pearlman
Esther Toker
I liked Rabbi Shafier's series on marriage in Mishpacha which ended last week. Though other readers might disagree with me I feel he was giving good advice.
I find Rav Shalom Arush's books to be excellent.
Also Rabbi David Ashear's books on emunah are fantastic.

I told you I love reading, I can go on and on ...

Tell me about what types (subject) of books you like to read and what types you don't like.

Esty 4

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:45 pm
totally relate to that love of reading...

I love family style novels (like Libby L, Ruti k...)

Tell me about your wardrobe

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:12 pm
I have a closet full of clothes but nothing to wear

Tell me about what type of cuisine you cook
Page 89 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 88  89  90 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics