Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
North Miami Beach? Maybe Hollywood
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
North Miami Beach prices skyrocketed so high?!
Can't believe it, we used to live there 5 years ago and we now live in NY but can't afford to buy a house and we considering moving back. But I find it really hard to believe that prices are 1.5 in NMB

1.5 MIAMI BEACH check what I wrote
NMB about $700

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
To my knowledge this is inaccurate. I live in NMB and I am currently looking to buy a house. The prices are closer to the 450-550k range depending on location, pool, size, and condition of the house. There are a couple beautifully finished houses that are more but it is not the norm.
Taxes I don’t know about either.

Is there anything for 400?or am I dreaming?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
1.5 MIAMI BEACH check what I wrote
NMB about $700

OP, my husband found a 4BR house (no pool) in decent condition in the frum NMB area for under 400, so I don't know

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:41 pm
It depends how close to the public school which is very dangerous during school hours especially when letting out

Maryann

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 7:43 pm
amother wrote:
OP, my husband found a 4BR house (no pool) in decent condition in the frum NMB area for under 400, so I don't know

Can you pm me please?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 8:36 pm
Op it sounds like you’ll barely find what your looking for schoolwise outside of Brooklyn/ lakewood, never mind miami!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
To my knowledge this is inaccurate. I live in NMB and I am currently looking to buy a house. The prices are closer to the 450-550k range depending on location, pool, size, and condition of the house. There are a couple beautifully finished houses that are more but it is not the norm.
Taxes I don’t know about either.

We sold our house there 15 years ago for 200k Crying

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
Op it sounds like you’ll barely find what your looking for schoolwise outside of Brooklyn/ lakewood, never mind miami!

This sounds right OP. You can find the school you're looking for in LA but that's very expensive. There are schools like that in Montreal and Toronto but you said you wanted warm weather. If you want to find a house at a price you like with the type of schools you want in a warm climate I think you'll have to look outside North America.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
This sounds right OP. You can find the school you're looking for in LA but that's very expensive. There are schools like that in Montreal and Toronto but you said you wanted warm weather. If you want to find a house at a price you like with the type of schools you want in a warm climate I think you'll have to look outside North America.
maybe op wants to live in Israel? That’ll check off many things on her list!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
maybe op wants to live in Israel? That’ll check off many things on her list!

Israel doesn't cater to heimish type people Sad

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
exactly, but not as jappy (or whatever the boy version of that is). We actually wanted to move to L.A. but for a variety of reasons it didn't work.

We are looking for community with a mix that has least has some like us, not too modern. Ideally, we would like to have yiddish in Chumash in school.

In Brooklyn, a lot of regular Flatbush schools translate to yiddish (even yeshivish) because it's the universal language.

Does Miami have a heimish community? What are the communities like? Do kids play outside there and in NMB? Whats the real story with crime? What kind of crime? How does it affect daily life? Can I send the kids to play outside themselves (if I would in Brooklyn? )

E.T.A. we are planning a pilot trip but would like to have an idea before. Research, research, research.

Can you supplement Yiddish at home?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 7:11 pm
Let me try to help OP. There are no schools as you describe any place in Florida. In the US, they are few and far between outside of the NY area. Same goes for what you call a "heimish" community. In the Florida area, NMB is the most "frum" or yeshivish area, but it is very, very, very far from what you are looking for. The schools are excellent but they are NOT heimish type (and certainly no yiddish). Yes, there is crime in NMB, but the kids do play outside. The people living there (I do not live there, but I have close family there) seem to be very happy. However, I do not think it meets your criteria or even comes close to it. If those things are so important to you, you'll need to either stay in the NY area or one of the few other places mentioned above.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 7:23 pm
I live in Hollywood. It's really modern here. As a woman who wears a sheitel, skirts past knees and stockings I'm in a real minority here. The large community school here is... insufficient. There are frummer schools for sure (people send to NMB and to Boca -- its not such a shlepp and there are busses/ carpools), but not as you describe.
I am not unhappy here though. People are extremely nice and I don't mind being amongst this crowd. Kids play outside; it's a very nice and safe neighborhood. We had also looked at NMB before moving here. Definitely more our crowd, but I was just very concerned with crime and didn't think I'd feel safe in the end.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 7:31 pm
I moved to Florida from NY more than 5 years ago, we did research in many communities. I did want some yiddish but didn't find it, I am semi Chabad though, so I was looking for something a little different than you are.

NMB has crime, although it has a very diverse large community, which is very nice.

MB, Aventura, Bal Harbor, Surfside are expensive.

Hollywood, Boca, Lauderhill, Coral Springs each had different pros and cons.

Google shuls in areas and then Zillow for blocks around them.
We did a lot of research by visiting and calling many people and asking a lot of questions.
We came for a few trips to see what we liked about neighborhoods, schools and shuls.

Life is way different here, we love it!! We appreciate OOT living way over Brooklyn!

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:46 pm
Bump
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating