Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatric Neurologist NYC/Westchester/Rockland
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:52 am
My daughter needs to be checked out by a neurologist. Does anyone have good experience and can recommend a pediatric neurologist? I live in Monsey but the pediatrician says there are no pediatric neurologists in Rockland County. I'd appreciate any recommendations that are not too far from Monsey. TIA

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:13 pm
For what? Don't know names but Columbia and Montefiore have good ones to at least give you a lead.

shoshana2

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:28 pm
Dr. Ariel Sherbany, Hackensack

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:29 pm
Devorah Segal.

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:30 pm
https://www.castleconnolly.com.....00580

But pediatric neurology has different specialties. Why does your child need a neurologist? Epilepsy, behavioral, etc..

ahuva06

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:32 pm
Dr. Jay Selman is excellent. 212-342-6867 Columbia

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:48 pm
I second Dr. Devora Segal. She is a fantastic doctor and a caring frum mother.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:14 am
Thanks for the replies. She needs to see a neurologist for constant headaches. Where is Dr Devorah Segal located? What's her contact info?
Anyway heard of Dr Stanley Rothman? He was recommended by my pediatrician but he's only doing zoom appointments. Is it a good idea to do a zoom appointment?
Thanks all.

monseymom25

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:24 am
How old is your daughter? If she’s an older teen you can probably see an adult neurologist who she can continue to see. I’m in Monsey and I did that for my teen with migraines.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:36 pm
monseymom25 wrote:
How old is your daughter? If she’s an older teen you can probably see an adult neurologist who she can continue to see. I’m in Monsey and I did that for my teen with migraines.

She's 10.

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the replies. She needs to see a neurologist for constant headaches. Where is Dr Devorah Segal located? What's her contact info?
Anyway heard of Dr Stanley Rothman? He was recommended by my pediatrician but he's only doing zoom appointments. Is it a good idea to do a zoom appointment?
Thanks all.

She's at NYU so you can google her for that. PM me and I can send you her number for a different office.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:17 pm
I haven't taken my child to him personally but I've heard very good things about Dr. Stanley Rothman.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:30 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I haven't taken my child to him personally but I've heard very good things about Dr. Stanley Rothman.

He's only doing zoom appointments now. Is it ok to do via zoom or rather not?

mushkale

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:39 pm
We also use Dr. Segal. So far only had one visit with her (had to leave our other neurologist) but were very happy. I think she mostly works with oncology patients so her time with other specialties is limitedfrom... might be hard to get an appointment quickly. And she's frum...

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:35 pm
Not to hijack this thread but I am also looking for a neurologist for a young child to do an EEG- do any of them do so?

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:43 pm
Forgot his name but Columbia has one who wears a cowboy hat and boots who is amazing. If you need the name, I can try to find out.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:44 pm
nchr wrote:
Forgot his name but Columbia has one who wears a cowboy hat and boots who is amazing. If you need the name, I can try to find out.

I'd appreciate that, thank you.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 1:46 pm
Looking for a neurologist for someone who had a major concussion and needs to be seen. We are in Monsey. Who is considered good?

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 1:59 pm
I was very happy with Walter Mostofsky in NYC.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 6:04 pm
I took my son to Dr. Pisapia in Westchester as per my pediatrician's recommendation for a completely different concern. The office staff and dr. were very nice, and my son didn't have a problem in the end, so I can't vouch for his expertise.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics