Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti vaccine Vs Anti Covid Vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:18 pm
I am not going to be too much involved in this post as I have heard about this topic over and over but there is one thing that was not clarified. Is the voice that is anti covid vaccine the same voice that is against all other vaccines that we heard for many years or is it diff ? Are the people who are anti this also anti that or you can find people who are pro covid anti reg. vaccine and vice versa. Is the reason of opposition the same ? (the reason I ask now is bec. with other vaccines I always heard autism.. and with covid I have heard heart issue.. change in genes.. fertility it's just a bit interesting that a new voice came out)

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am not going to be too much involved in this post as I have heard about this topic over and over but there is one thing that was not clarified. Is the voice that is anti covid vaccine the same voice that is against all other vaccines that we heard for many years or is it diff ? Are the people who are anti this also anti that or you can find people who are pro covid anti reg. vaccine and vice versa. Is the reason of opposition the same ? (the reason I ask now is bec. with other vaccines I always heard autism.. and with covid I have heard heart issue.. change in genes.. fertility it's just a bit interesting that a new voice came out)

I think most people who are pro this one are pro in general. You have some who don’t want to give this one who also don’t want/don’t give any, and you have some people who don’t want to give this one who DO give/want to give the others. There’s another group though. There are those who are starting to question the cdc and while all their kids are fully vaxxed, they may feel differently if they have more children.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:29 pm
Plenty of people who were always Pro Vax are against the Covid Vax - especially for children.

But, per the government, anyone who is against one vax, or against the CDC schedule is an "anti-vaxxer".

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:30 pm
I give my kids all their childhood vaccines on time.

I am against the covid vaccine because:

1. I don't think it's ok to force people to choose vaccination or their jobs.
2. There isn't enough long term data to prove the safety either way. The trials were pushed through much faster than any other typical vaccine.
3. I don't see the efficacy of the vaccine being similar to typical childhood vaccines. The efficacy I see is similar to the flu vaccine. This is not enough of a reason to force people to vaccinate.
4. There isn't enough data showing whether or not history of covid disease is enough to give long term protection of some sort. Since I had Covid, I would like to wait until that data emerges (similar to chicken pox and varicella vaccine). The studies I have seen have shown history of disease to provide decent protection.
5. Covid is mutating rapidly. The strain I am seeing now at work (healthcare related), is much much more mild than the initial strain of covid. We don't yet know if our previous immunity is protecting us against more severe strains, and this will become a more mild illness that we will eventually treat as any other.
6. It has been documented that hospitals were reporting covid cases when people were admitted for other reasons but incidentally tested positive for covid. The report that came out just recently is that 51% of the reported covid hospitalizations in NYC were actually for reasons other than covid (automobile accident etc) where people incidentally testes positive for covid during the screening process. This kind of false hysteria and dishonesty makes one think twice than to believe the reported numbers.

I am currently seeing vaccinated (some boosted, some not) people getting covid at a similar rate than the unvaccinated, and having similar degrees of illness.

I don't have a problem if someone chooses to get the vaccine. But mandating (I.e. forcing) with this lack of data and reliability is not ok or moral.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:32 pm
I think the arguments are pretty much the same, aside for claimed side effects. The anti vaxxers don't claim autism is the only issue it can cause btw, they had a whole list.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:37 pm
I’m not anti vaccines at all. My whole family is fully vaccinated.
However, I’m not the type who jumps on a new vaccine. My parents waited a few years before feeling comfortable with the chicken pox vaccine and I had the disease as a kid as did all my sibs. Now though my parents would give it without thinking so much into it.
When a vaccine is very new, there’s a lot of unknown to it. Especially when it was released with rushed trials and all info is locked for 50 years.
The bigger issue I have is that I’m pro choice and mandating a vaccine that’s been around for barely a year bothers me on a democratic level. I’m so happy for everyone who is vaccinated and feels safer and I’m sorry for those who don’t feel comfortable and are losing out on jobs and opportunities.
I once discussed this with a relative who is a PA and he brought up a very good point. When he applied to PA schools they asked him if would treat every patient no matter what- including patients with HIV and AIDS. They watched him very closely to see how he responded. Now, it’s considered totally normal to say you don’t want to treat patients who aren’t vaccinated- THAT IS CRAZY!
Gotta go now but this is just some of what comes to mind.
I’m vaccinated btw.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:39 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
I think the arguments are pretty much the same, aside for claimed side effects. The anti vaxxers don't claim autism is the only issue it can cause btw, they had a whole list.

I'm not sure I agree.
I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to vaccinations. My kids are vaccinated for most diseases, but on a delayed schedule.
I think all vaccines come with risk. I think generally the risk is very small. So a minuscule risk for avoiding a big scary disease makes sense to me.
I think the covid vax is likely more risky based both on the fact that it's differently made (MRNA) and new with no long term safety testing.
When weighing this risk against the risk of Covid for a child, or even a healthy adult - it seems incredibly foolish to give it. For older people, and those with compromised immunity and serious risk factors, it's another story. But this vaccine makes little sense for health young to middle aged adults and even less sense for children IMO.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:41 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Just want to mention that I don’t know anyone personally is anti vaccines in general, but prob 75% of the people I know are anti the covid vaccine. It’s different arguments.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:52 pm
It’s a only handful of people who believe the autism argument while a very big percentage are against the covid vaccine for various reasons. You can’t compare the to groups of people.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:57 pm
I am vaccine-hesitant “now”, but before covid I was very strongly pro-vax.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:08 pm
My Rov says shav v al taaseh on Covid v

He never took a position on any other medical matter and a.ways defered to doctors

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 3:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There's enormous overlap between anti-vax and anti-covid-vax, but they're not 100% the same people.

There are also people who are okay with covid vax but want to wait a bit.

Covid-19 is known to hurt fertility, the vaccine does not cause fertility issues.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 3:53 am
Thank you jean for laying out such a clear answer. Clarifies a lot for me!

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 3:56 am
The people who are anti any vaccine are obviously anti covid vaccine.

But I know many people that fully vaccinate everything else and are against the covid vaccine, me included. It’s not comparable for many reasons. And no heart issues is not the reason I’m against it, I was against it way before I even heard about that.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:11 am
I have yet to see an anti vaxxer be pro COVID. What they were shouting all the years is just coming to light now BC of the exposure.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:21 am
Just gave my son his shots that he was due for.
But would not consider giving him the Covid vaccine. Certainly not as of now.
I'm pro regular vax with Covid vax wary.

gold21

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:37 am
Since the dawn of vaccination, innoculation with weak or dead virus (or bacteria- tetanus, diptheria, and pertussis, for example, the components in the Tdap vaccine, are bacteria) was a brilliant way to create immunity to a pathogen. All standard vaccines work the same way. (Has the vaccine schedule gone overboard in recent years? Yes, it has. But the majority of the the vaccines are important. Not all.)

The covid vaccine does not contain weak or dead virus. It is not the same.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:16 am
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
There's enormous overlap between anti-vax and anti-covid-vax, but they're not 100% the same people.

There are also people who are okay with covid vax but want to wait a bit.

Covid-19 is known to hurt fertility, the vaccine does not cause fertility issues.

Do you have any proof of the bolded? Because many people are reporting fertility issues after they take the vaccine but they are dismissed because people had fertility issues before covid. But that is not the excuse given for people who experienced fertility issues when they had covid. Which essentially boils down to, the vaccine doesnt cause fertility issues because people had fertility issues before covid but covid caused fertility issues because no one had fertility issues before covid so it has to be covid. That is just not logical so proof of what you are saying would be great.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:16 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Thank you jean for laying out such a clear answer. Clarifies a lot for me!

No problem 😊

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:19 pm
For me I think this is the difference:
People who are anti all vaccines or think they cause autism and are constantly yelling about a VAX VS ANTI - VAX STUDY are whack jobs.
People who are anti the covid vaccine are not, although I don't agree with them I can understand where they're coming from.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics