Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Looking for Beta readers for Woman's Fiction novel
Previous  1  2

rivkale

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 2:06 pm
I would love to Smile

Ima03

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 3:00 pm
I can

CatLady

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:25 am
I’d love to be a beta reader for you!

sara_s

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:59 am
Thank you everyone! I think I have enough readers for this round, I'll update when I'm looking for readers for my next draft.

sara_s

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 4:03 am
Thank you so much to all my dear beta readers for your incredibly helpful feedback!

Is anyone interested in beta-reading the newest draft? Please PM me if you are! It's 100,000 word women's fiction novel, telling the story of three young women the chareidi community in Israel, and is targeting the general public.

sara_s

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 4:27 pm
Ps. If you wrote to me before and I didn't send you a copy, and you are still interested in reading it, please PM or email me again. Thank you!

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 6:04 pm
What do you mean when you say not totally clean? Will determine my availability

sara_s

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 1:02 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
What do you mean when you say not totally clean? Will determine my availability

There are a couple of scenes where characters kiss. Nothing graphic, but it's not a frum book, it's meant for the general public. I was trying to capture reality without being graphic.

Or in other words if you normally read non frum books you will be fine, but if you manage to stick to only frum literature - I don't want to be the one corrupting anyone..

sara_s

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 2:12 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
I cannot read it in just two weeks, but I am the published author of several books with one of the Big Five publishers so I can read it from a pro writer standpoint with a view toward querying agents. If you end up with a longer timeline reply to this thread and I'll see it. Smile

Hibiscus- I don't have a way of PMing you, but are you still interested in beta reading?

sara_s

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 12:27 pm
Looking for Beta readers for the next version of my book.
This is a much more polished version, I've been working on creating suspense and pulling in the reader from the first page, and also trying to catch any grammatical errors still there.
So if you read non-Jewish women's fiction/ "book club" fiction, and are comfortable with reading a PDF, please PM me!

sara_s

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 4:25 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
I cannot read it in just two weeks, but I am the published author of several books with one of the Big Five publishers so I can read it from a pro writer standpoint with a view toward querying agents. If you end up with a longer timeline reply to this thread and I'll see it. Smile

Hibiscus if you're still on ImaMother I'd love if you can read it!

And anyone else who has experience with publishing in the general publishing world, I'd really appreciate advice and any connections you may have. I'm struggling to find a literary agent. I've been frequently published within the Frum world, but my novel has too many elements that wouldn't pass muster with a frum publisher, and also my whole goal was to reach the wider public.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:26 pm
sara_s wrote:
Hibiscus if you're still on ImaMother I'd love if you can read it!

And anyone else who has experience with publishing in the general publishing world, I'd really appreciate advice and any connections you may have. I'm struggling to find a literary agent. I've been frequently published within the Frum world, but my novel has too many elements that wouldn't pass muster with a frum publisher, and also my whole goal was to reach the wider public.

Have you tried using querytracker and mswl? I found those most helpful when I was searching for a literary agent. You'll be able to search mswl for agents interested in Jewish fiction.

The frum world is much less competitive than the secular world when it comes to publishing– in my experience, all you need is a completed manuscript without any hashkafic issues and you'll find a publisher. Finding a literary agent and an editor will take much longer and be much more involved. Workshop your query letter and your early pages (especially with non-frum people) and do your best to persevere! It's tough out there, but it'll all be worth it if you can find a good home for your book.

I'm trad published as well and am happy to take a look at the first chapter or two if you'd like some general advice.

sara_s

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 11:14 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
Have you tried using querytracker and mswl? I found those most helpful when I was searching for a literary agent. You'll be able to search mswl for agents interested in Jewish fiction.

The frum world is much less competitive than the secular world when it comes to publishing– in my experience, all you need is a completed manuscript without any hashkafic issues and you'll find a publisher. Finding a literary agent and an editor will take much longer and be much more involved. Workshop your query letter and your early pages (especially with non-frum people) and do your best to persevere! It's tough out there, but it'll all be worth it if you can find a good home for your book.

I'm trad published as well and am happy to take a look at the first chapter or two if you'd like some general advice.

Yes I've scoured MSWL and QueryTracker., and worked hard on polishing my query letter.

I'd love your feedback - can you PM me so I know who to send it to?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club